Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

1/25/10

Stripe Returned from Being Lost


There has been a sad cloud in my home. Stripe was lost for 5 days. Originally I got a spiritual message that she was hiding and scared. But then I got the message that she might have been attacked by a coyote. Well, she must have been too fast for him.


This morning she showed up at our back door!! I was totally gleeful. As you can see in her eyes in one of these photos she is one scared pussy cat. Stripe is caked with dried mud all over her head and coat, trembling and traumatized, but she is in one piece and now safe! I checked her for flesh wounds and, thankfully, there were none.


First I held her, comforting her. She was really soaking up the love as she laid trembling on my lap. Then she was eating so ravenously that I was concerned her empty stomach might be damaged by consuming so rapidly. So I stopped her and let her go back to the food a little later. I tried to clip off some of the dried mud. Seeing I was not equipped for the task, I decided it was necessary to take her to a pet groomer near by who said she could clean her up. She is over there now as I write this. I have never seen a cat with such a mud-clumped coat.

Thank you so much for your prayers, blog friends. I am so grateful to you and to God and the angels who helped guide her back home!

Please share this post with your animal lover friends.


Debby

22 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Oh this is good news!! We hope she is no worse for wear other than the mud-caked fur!!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

How wonderful dat she is safe and home now! Purrs and headbutts to all

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so very glad that she is safe, that news made my whiskers grin up!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I have been way behind in my blogging. I wasn't aware that she was missing. I am so glad she is back. The groomer will probably work wonders. She is really beautiful. I went back and read about her. I hope this didn't undo all the hard work you've been doing to socialize her. I am wishing for her a loving forever home.

Iris

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE are glad she is home and safe. We hope she still trusts you

meowmeowmans said...

Hooray! We're so glad Stripe is back safe and sound! :)

3 kats and a kwiltr said...

We are purring for joy that Stripe is home and safe. Please post a picture when the groomer is done.
Oh, the stories our cats could tell...
Snuggles,
Taz, Runt, Charles, and mommy, Anna in IL

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay! Oh man, our purrers were working overtime fur dis one. We hope dat, like our Punkin, she finds out she really likes being groomed.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Dear Debra I am singing with joy that your precious has returned to your waiting arms....praise God for his direction!!!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Thank goodness! We hope Stripe gets recovered from her adventure, and that she finds a wonderful purrmanent home soon!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are very happy that Stripe made her way safely back to you.

Ikaika said...

We are so happy to hear that Stripe has come home! Sending purrs that she will recover quickly from her ordeal ...

Anonymous said...

Such great news!!!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are very happy Stripe is safe. ~AFSS

Catline Crew said...

We are so happy to hear that Stripe is safe at home with you.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

So so glad when I heard this news.. I wonder were on earth she has been.. Thank god she is back safe and where there is love, food and safety.. Brilliant news.. Carol x

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! We are thankful that she is back. It's good to hear that she doesn't seem to have any wounds.....hopefully she will start relaxing once she gets home from the groomers......xxxxxx

BeadedTail said...

We are so happy that Stripe is home again! We haven't stopped thinking about her and this news is just so wonderful!

Kaz's Cats said...

We're so please that Stripe made it home safely. Sending soft purrs to her and to you, 'cos we understand that you've both been very stressed through this time.

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha & Karen (Mum)

Amy & the house of cats said...

We are so far behind but this time we are glad, because we got to see the good news before the bad! We are very happy Stripe is home safe! Poor girl though - you can really see in her eyes that she had a rough time. I hope the groomer wasn't too scary for her - I am sure after her "adventure" she liked the human attention.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Everycat said...

Crikey Debby! We have been out of the loop for a little while and didn't see your post about Stripe disappearing. What a wonderful relief that she came home! She's been through it for sure, it's rare for a cat to be so plastered in mud unless desperate to escape. Poor girl. So glad she's safe now. I bet you slept well that night!

Whicky Wuudler