I am very pleased with Scrufty's progress after her dental surgery. Unfortunately, I only have a photo of Scrufty in her cage from right after her surgery. Recently, we let her out of the cage, allowing her to move about in our back room, active and seemingly quite happy.She has started a new behavior - pacing back and forth before my husband to entice him to pet her. She purrs and really leans into his attentions that way. She has always been so stand-offish. This is such great progress! She is still eating well. I can hardly wait for her followup visit with the vet to confirm how well she is doing.
I am so grateful that many fellow bloggers have donated enough for me to have a little over 1/3 of the vet bill paid.
Please keep praying for her. She is finished with her meds for now. Her infection was so extensive in her body that I am sure she is going to be mending for quite some time. I am working on boosting her immune system. Also, I'm giving her higher concentrations of protein since that was the only factor which showed up as severely lacking from her blood test - low protein levels.
Thanks for commenting. And have a blessed day!
Debby
18 comments:
We are so glad she seems to be doing so much better!!!
I am glad she is doing well. She's probably more loving 'cause she feels better!
We are so glad she is making good progress!! That's great news!
A sure sign that she is feeling fantastically better.....the wanting petted. We are overjoyed that she is feeling so much better and we purr that it will continue. Bless you for what you are doing, Debby. xxxxxxx
We are glad she is better ans asking for attention.
It is great to hear that she is doing well. Wanting attention is a good sign I think.
From all of us
at Boo-Bahs Little Sunshines
Thats sucha good sign, I think she must be so much more pain free now and thats why she is getting more loving.. HUgs GJ x
That's wonderful news that she's doing so well and wanting to be petted and loved! Thanks for the update!
My sisters and I are still purring for you sweet Scrufty!
Great news! We hope she continues to improve. Anything special you are doing to boost her immune system? We'd be interested and maybe others would too.
We hope Scrufty continues to improve! I bet Ginger is right... without pain, she's probably much more accepting (and giving) of affection.
Purrs to you!
mew,
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)
we has sended 25 green papers towards her bills--an' we is sendin' lotsa purrs an' soft headbonks fur you an' her an' alla the ofur kittehs. (an' sendin' thanks heavenward, too)
We're happy that Scrufty seems to be doing so well. We'll keep her in our purrayers, furriends:)
So glad Scruffy is doing better.
That is so great about Scruffy! We love to hear good news!
Im so glad that Scruffy is doing well. I did remember him in my prayers. Thanks for all you do for these homeless kitties.
We are glad Scruffy is doing better.
Oh such good noos bout Scrufty!!
We keeps hur in our prayers,
Katie and hur Katz
Post a Comment