Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

5/29/12

Cleaning Cat Towers


Does anyone reading this know the best way to clean cat towers? On a regular basis, I remove cat hair from them with a brush. But I don't know what to use to clean of the regular dirt.

What about cat shampoo? I want something which is not going to irritate their skin - non toxic.

Thanks for your help folks!

Debby, Arizona

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to clean the cat towers? LOL.

The most I do is get rid of the cat hair.

I vote for replacing the towers. Ha!

Good luck...Maybe just a gentle, natural soap and a carpet scrubbing brush of some sort?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We never thought of that! All we use the vacuum.

Marilia said...

I use the vacuum cleaner!!!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

What do you mean by regular dirt? I vacuum the cat trees daily and that does a good job keeping it clean. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh no, here comes that darn vacuum!

Chris Clark said...

Do the following steps:

1) Take the cat tower apart (if possible) makes it easier to clean and hover first as much as possible then to remove the remaining cat hair there are several ways to remove it:

* Fill a spray bottle with one part fabric softner and two parts water. Lightly spray the surface let it dry and then vacum again

* Use a textured rubber glove and run your hand under the water to make it moist and then rub the glove over the hair again and this should bring more up from the surface and then you can vacum again.

* Wet a regular kitchen sponge and squeeze out excess water, rub the sponge over the surface to gather clumps then either vacum or pick up the clumps by hand.

* Use a lint roller or wrap wide tape around your hand and press down onto the carpet.

2) Mix water with cat shampoo, not much water though. Moisten a soft cloth or sponge and scrub away at the stains.

3) Rinse with clean water and dry the area with a dry cloth

4) once dry re-assemble the cat tower

I hope this info helped.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

They are a pain to clean. I use the furminator to remove the fur and wipe down with warm water.

Hugs
Iris

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosemary said...

A cat grooming brush usually works well to get the fur up, especially in conjunction with the special attachment on the vacuum cleaner. For spots, I find that often just scrubbing with a little warm water and a washcloth works quite well.

Terri said...

I use Nature's Miracle to remove stains on the ones at the rescue. Spray stain and let it sit a few minutes then scrub. An old wet washcloth works great for scrubbing or cleaning out fur in crevices.

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!
Feel free to visit my blog :: Andy

Cat Groomer Toronto said...

In many cases, it is also advisable to seek professional help for cat grooming. This is especially important when you want to get a bad mat untangled or to get rid of persistent parasites. Professional help can be from a veterinarian or a professional groomer. The main advantages of professional groomers are their skills and experience. They can provide you with great tips and techniques for home cat grooming. Professional cat grooming can make up for any loose ends that remain during home grooming.

Cat Groomer Toronto