

Thanks to all who contributed! Samantha and Panther went to the vet this week. They got routine shots and care for their special needs. Yippee!
Samantha has a fungus in the socket without an eye. The vet said I could use a little dropper with Hydrogen Peroxide to flush it out and probably kill the fungus. That H2O2 is amazing stuff - for humans, too. I sprayed some of it on a bunch of scratches on my hand from Stripe. The next day, there was no soreness and it was 1/2 way healed.
Panther got a shot for stopping the vomiting she experiences for the Caleci virus. She was so well-behaved - no struggling or squirming like most of them do on the exam table. When the vet was using a stethoscope to listen to her lungs, she was purring so loudly that he had to stop before he could hear her lung activity. I have never seen any cat purr during an exam! I think it is because she just loves being handled so much, being an abandoned, needy kitty.
I was shocked that neither of them has ear mites! Most of my colony has them.
That's my update. And thank all of you for the support you offer in your comments. I truly appreciate getting comments regularly!
May all be well in your kitties' worlds!!!
Debby
9 comments:
Samantha looks like a cat we had, I think her name was mama kitty (how original) she moved from one farm to another and lived a long happy life and was Pretty Kitty's mother which is a whole other story.
Bless you for the work you do with the animals.
Glad to hear they don't have ear mites and can be treated for any ailments they have. It's so wonderful they have you to get them the care they need!
TC thanks for commenting with the appreciation. We are thrilled to do our work with the homeless cats.
And it is always good to hear from you, Beaded Tail. Everyone should go to her site to see the wonderful gifts she has on sale.
Debby
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
I forgot to mention that a portion of sales at
http://beadedtail.blogspot.com/
goes to animal causes.
If any other readers sell things for animal causes, feel free to create posts about what you offer and a link to your site.
Debby
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
I'm really happy to hear that Panther and Samantha got to go to the vet. Thanks for taking such good care of them and the rest of the kitties. Amazing that Panther purred on the exam table. Dobby sometimes does that too - I think it's because he really wants humans to like him.
P.S. I can highly recommend BeadedTail's jewelry - it's very well made. And Sharla and her mom are really nice people who do so much to help animals.
I'm so glad that Panther and Samantha came through with flying colors! Lucy purrs when she is at the vet too, I thought she was the only one!
I'm going to visit Beaded Tail now!
That's all good news! Scoop, our old cat, used to purr when he was scared too.
That is great news about the kitties - I am impressed about the lack of ear mites too!
I have to say that this weekend when Lola went to the vet we had the same purring problem - I don't know if the vet ever got a really good listen. She purrs when she is happy but also when she is nervous - they actually sound different but they are so LOUD.
We are so glad they got the visits they needed!
Bless you for caring about all the feral cats. It is a wonderful thing you are doing.
I am so happy that Samantha and Panther received medical care.
Both of my cats had unfortunate starts in life but now are truly spoiled with my love and attention.
Every cat deserves to be loved and cared for.
Iris
Post a Comment