Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

9/27/09

Panther and Samantha Have Special Needs


I have two special needs cats, Panther and Saman-tha. As you can see from the photos, they love curling up together even when it is hot. (click on either photo to see them up close)

I have been putting off a trip to the vet for Panther’s Caleci virus (makes her vomit intermittently) because of the expense. I thought I had found a way to get them care by a vet tech I met through one of my friends. First, I have had trouble getting her on the phone. Second, when I did get her on the phone, she told me her home is currently infested with ringworm. Needless to say, I’m not taking Panther and Samantha into that situation until she gets that cleared up, even though she is an expert with special needs cats.


Samantha and Panther both need their routine feline leukemia and rabies shots. And, even more importantly, Panther needs a treatment for vomiting from Caleci. I feel like I cannot wait any longer. So I set up an appointment with a local vet whom I trust. But he does not believe in giving discounts to people like me who are working for the welfare of a large number of homeless cats. And Samantha only has one eye. The socket missing an eye has been getting pus again. I am concerned about potential infections there. Plus Panther has only 4 teeth, recovering from severe gum disease.


So, I’m hoping that some new people who read this will send a little something through the PayPal button to the right, further up on the sidebar. I will use some of the bit of monies that were sent to me for Chance, who has never returned. So if you have already donated, thank you so much!


Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless cat colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.

7 comments:

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow, that stinks that the vet tech is not able to help you out right now. I have been lucky that our vet will occasionally give a discount on stuff - since Floyd is in there for blood tests every 6 weeks it is tough (and of course the other stuff that happens in life on top of that).

Mishkat said...

We sent you a small donation (wish it could be more!) We hope it helps a little.

Many purrs to you for taking such good care of Panther and Samantha!

Katie, Franklin, Dobby, and Tasha

Ellen Whyte said...

Sounds you're up against it this month. Purring for Panther and Samantha.

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

Hope things clear up and some money comes in to help the cats. We know what that is like. Ask your local shelter to suggest vets willing to work with you - some are wonderful and will do so much for groups caring for cats. Good luck!

Parker said...

Hope that you get a little help. I added you to my list of pals!

Forever Foster said...

We wanted to second a comment about asking a shelter about rescue friendly vets. We have found some are willing to give discounts to those trying to do positive things, without compromising the quality of their care. You're doing some great work for these kitties.

Tiger Lily said...

We are so sorry to hear about VET troubles ~ especially when care is so needed. But we sure do understand! Special prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and tail wags and head bumps for Panther and Samantha.

Zeke, Sushi and Tiger Lily