Here is one of my favorite photos of our indoor kitty, Tiger Lily. She is such a sweetheart. I hope to do a post later on some of her
heartwarming behaviors.
I love adding a photo, even if the kitty is not the subject of the post.
Regarding a link in my earlier post "Bottle Feed Kittens" here is what one of my friends told me about her time volunteering in Utah at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary -
"It was simply a beautiful and serene place to volunteer and visit. It was like a dream. (We) did a lot of lightwork with our other friends. They came home different people. Now, they are spiritual people and loving it. We went as a group of seven people from being volunteers at (an animal rescue org) in Limeport. The topography was amazing and unbelievable. Best Friends is like a living fairy tale full of love hope and friendship. The animals are all wonderfully taken care of. A very well organized place. We met and talked to all the people that film on the Dog Town series on the NGO channel."
"It was simply a beautiful and serene place to volunteer and visit. It was like a dream. (We) did a lot of lightwork with our other friends. They came home different people. Now, they are spiritual people and loving it. We went as a group of seven people from being volunteers at (an animal rescue org) in Limeport. The topography was amazing and unbelievable. Best Friends is like a living fairy tale full of love hope and friendship. The animals are all wonderfully taken care of. A very well organized place. We met and talked to all the people that film on the Dog Town series on the NGO channel."
It sounds like a great place to give service as well as get spiritually uplifted.
Have any other readers been there? If so, share a little of your experience in a comment to this post.
I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog. I would be extremely grateful if you encourage them to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
Debby Taylor DTConsult@cableone.net
9 comments:
Tiger Lilly is lovely.
Tiger Lilly is quite a pretty kitty! And it sounds like Best Friends is a great place!
I've never been to Best Friends but would love to go - your friend's experience sounds wonderful. It is in a beautiful part of the country too.
P.S. To add to my comment about teaching Tasha not to bite and scratch - we made sure that our "ouches" sounded real - we think the tone of our voices let her know that she was hurting us. We also had an older male cat that disciplined her in a fatherly way and we think that helped too.
Rescue does make you a better person and change your outlook on life, thank you for all you do.
Tiger Lily is very pretty! I've never been to Best Friends but hope to visit one day. It sounds like a wonderful place though!
I've added a blog roll on my blog and you're on it!
I have never had the pleasure of visiting Best Friends, but would love to someday!
Tiger Lilly is beautiful!
I love your name Tiger Lily (hahahaha)! You are a beautiful kitteh.
Thank you for all you do for the kitties. I volunteer at a no-kill shelter near Austin, TX. We also manage a number of feral colonies and do a lot of TNR. I went to Best Friends for three days last April, and have never been the same. It's everything you've ever heard about it. And the scenery stays with you forever.
Post a Comment