
Here are photos of Stripe - the 1 1/2 yr old feral I'm socializing now. In the photo on the right, she hesitates only a moment before jumping to grab the rabbit on the string. In the photo on the left, she shows her dedication to destroying my furniture. It is amazing to me that a cat this age still acts like a kitten. Our Tiger Lily was that way, too.
Stripe totally loves me spending time with her - not always cooperative, but what cat is - yet very affectionate. Sometimes she meows and stays at my feet constantly. I have never seen such a needy feral. It makes her come across as very loving! But she still needs to learn some manners before I can hope to get her a forever home. It seems as if she is starting to get the message when a firmly scold her (not violently) for using her claws with me.
And here is a cat site which looks interesting - worth exploring. I have not read much here yet. But it looks enriching. Of course, I don't endorse the site - imagining there are probably things they say that I don't agree with. But there seems to be a wealth of cat information.
Please let people know about this blog. I would appreciate it if you want to leave comments to this post.
thanks,
Debby
7 comments:
Stripe is such a cutie! Sounds like she's having her second kittenhood!
They do love to sink their claws into the furniture don't they. Stripe is adorable
How wonderful that you work with feral cats. It is such a sad situation that there are so many feral cats and dogs.
I hope Stripe will do well and learn to trust people. I hope she finds a forever home soon.
Iris
Stripe is so cute - thanks so much for helping her!
We had a lot of problems with Tasha clawing and biting us when she was a baby (she was a six week old feral when we adopted her - but of course, she's a tortie like Stripe, and they tend to be a bit wild!) I think the problem was that she didn't realize she was hurting us! We were able to teach her what "Ouch" meant, and she is usually good with her claws now.
Makes me miss Paris, I know Meany is ok, (the name says it) but Paris was needy like that too. Good luck and God Bless.
Stripe is adorable - I am glad she is learning so quickly! I am sure the more she learns the less needy she will be (and then you will miss it - that is how I am at least).
Re: comment from Mishkat - Thanks so much for that input about Tasha!
Do you have any tips for how you taught her what "ouch" means?
Debby
Post a Comment