Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

9/20/09

Bottle Feed Kittens

I discovered that the following site has instructions on how to bottle feed very young kittens - orphaned kittens or abandoned kittens.


It is worth going to this site to click on the link at the top called “Feeding and Caring for Bottle Babies” to get the *.pdf file and save it on your computer. Even if you never have the occasion to bottle feed kittens, you might know someone else who needs this how to instruction. Many years ago I was called to bottle feed three kittens. Personal computers did not exist then so I had to rely on the pet store to set me up with kitten bottle feed instructions. It was a really special kitten experience! (even though I did not get much sleep).


I am not familiar with the organization “Best Friends Animal Society”. If any of you reading this has anything to say about Best Friends which would help my readers, please leave a comment or two.


Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.


I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.


4 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

Best Friends Animal Society is a great organization! We have sponsored a few pets from there on different occasions. They do great rescue work!!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Andy thanks you so very much for posting this info.....he was 8 ounces when Mommy found him and barely had his eyes open......she could have used some of this info back then, but he thinks she did wonderfully well by feeding him "Mother's Replacement Milk" with an eye dropper....and later with a dolly baby bottle.(He is alive and very well 9 years later.) :)

Thank you for what you do....xxxxxxxx

Mishkat said...

Best Friends is a wonderful organization! They have so much good information on their site (the Best Friends Network is great!) and they are very committed to helping all animals.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Thanks for the link. I have been lucky that the kittens we have gotten, although young, had already been weened to eat on their own, but I have always wondered what to do if I ever just found a newborn somewhere (I know I would take it in to help it but wouldn't know how to do it).