
Samantha is our homeless abandoned cat with only one eye. She smells like vomit because she has something like a fungus or yeast growing in the open socket. The vet said to put hydrogen peroxide in the socket with a little soft dropper. The first day, she did not struggle. The second day she did. The third day she would not even let me get near her. I made the mistake of giving her the treatment without loving her before and after (a friend suggested this to help her see I’m trying to help her). So now she avoids me much of the time. I just stopped trying to capture her for now. When I get back from a short trip in a week or so, I’m going to start again, making sure I love and assure her before and after each treatment.
Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.
Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.
If you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, use the PayPal button on the sidebar.
7 comments:
Oh, that's heartbreaking. I hope after a time she will let you near her again, so you can love on her, treat her and love on her some more. I'm afraid she only felt the pain and associated it with you, forgetting all that you had done for her before.
Hopefully she will let you treat her again, can you lure her with canned food?
Bless you for what you are doing. Your heart shows through in your posts.
Hopefully she will calm down and let you treat her again soon.......all we can do is our best and learn from our experiences......
xxxxxx
Judi
Oh, poor baby. Maybe that burned! Ask the vet if there's something you can clean the area with that won't burn.
Hey everyone - thanks so much for your comments - very supportive and helpful!
Debby
Hi Debra, I'm afraid you have the wrong idea about my blog. I have no cats of my own, so I write about other people's cats. I love cats and wanted to join the Cat Blogosphere, so I came up with the idea of writing limericks about the cats that blog. I do hope to have some cats of my own soon, but they will have their own blog, when it happens.
Poor Samantha! We hope that she'll let you help her again.
Charlemagne and Tamar
Post a Comment