Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

10/15/09

National Feral Cat Day and Feral Care

I have been getting email from Alley Cats Allies about October 16 being National Feral Cat Day. (see button to reach them, further down on the right sidebar)


As a way to celebrate National Feral Cat Day I just want to thank anyone reading this who is caring for feral cats. I know from our feral crew that it can be both challenging and rewarding. And they are all so blessed for the commitment you have all made to them. You deserve a big round of a-paws from the kitties.


I hope all your ferals are as contented as they can be! Ours seem to be thriving. The one above is Sherbet about 2 years ago. She is still very healthy. Recently I began giving them a supplement in their food for immune systems. It is called

"Multi-Vitamin Mineral & Herbal Supplement for Cats"

by Dr. H's Health Formulations Inc, Keansburg, NJ

Only time will tell if it helps them. Mine are not exhibiting any medical problems for now, thank God.


Please feel free to leave a comment - maybe to tell us about a supplement you use to help your ferals or domestics that would benefit others reading these posts.

Thanks for loving your kitties as much as you do!

Debby
and her homeless ferals

DTConsult@cableone.net

8 comments:

SeaThreePeeO said...

You do such wonderful work! We hope all your ferals stay happy and healthy all their lives.

The Creek Cats said...

Thank you for being an "Alley Cat Ally" to those ferals, Debra! Happy National Feral Cat Day to you!!

Anonymous said...

Our momma is huggin' you from afar cuz she knows that those kitties have a furry much betters life all cuz of you.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Bless you for what you do, Debby....xxxxxxxxx

Amy & the house of cats said...

I just wanted to post a thank you to you from us for helping out all those kitties - they are very lucky to have a caring person who is willing to help them out. I wish all feral cats were as lucky!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me...I don't visit with you nearly often enough. No excuses, I love what you are doing and it is so important. Thanks for being there & I'll visit more often.

Anonymous said...

I add lots of supplements to my cats' food - vitamin c, a multi vitamin - most are powders that I can sprinkle on the food and don't taste bad. In fact some taste pretty good - or so it looks. I found this helped bring up the nutritional value of the more affordable grocery store brands. I have used many brands - mostly from vets or health food stores. Hope this helps!

CATS 4 MEOWS said...

I just wanted to post a thank you to you from us for helping out all those kitties I wish all feral cats love you a lot ,you are the best of us!