Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

10/24/09

Tiger Lily Loves Her Rubberband


Tiger Lily is one of our indoor cats. If you are new to this blog you can read her story in my June post called Tiger Lilly's Journey from Feral to Domestic .

Tiger is usually more playful than her indoor compatriot Tabatha. But there are many toys I have purchased from the pet store in which Tiger has no interest. She seems to have her own ideas about what is fun. Tiger loves tug of war with some shoestrings I tied together. She loves to run across our kitchen as I toss a piece of dry food like a hockey puck - she will eat it once she captures it. And her latest pleasure comes from batting a rubberband around on the rug .. not just any rubber band. It has to be the small, thick variety which is used to hold stalks of broccoli together. Usually, her favorite games have been interactive with me. I have been interested in finding something which prompts her to play on her own. She won't play with those motorized feather toys from the pet store. But with the Broccoli rubberband, she will bat it around for a long time with no participation from me. Yipee! She can finally amuse herself.

I am often astounded how each cat I deal with has such a unique personality!

Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony.

Please let your friends know about my blog.

I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.







6 comments:

Liss said...

it's amazing how each of God's creatures has its own personality or purrsonality ;)

Karen Jo said...

Yay for Tiger Lily! Batting a rubber band around sounds like fun.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

YAY for the fact that all of God's creations are different.
xxxxx

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

They are like children, each so special and unique.
My Peanut and Marshmellow love to bat around tin foil balls.

Iris

Amy & the house of cats said...

Every cat has their own favorites - I have found that what I think one will like they hate, and if I think it won't be their cup of tea, they love it. The cats love their toys but they love found items like cotton balls, q-tips, milk jug rings, etc so much more sometimes.

TC said...

I know which rubber bands you mean. I can't think of anything special my cats play with but I have like a huge palm tree @ home, it's 5 years old, the cats liked to play jungle in it, the dog likes to just stand under it and let the fronds brush his head like he's a mighty jungle creature. The kitties started hurting the palm so we had to get the water bottle out....