Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

10/13/09

Our Sweet Sunny Is Turning Friendly

Here is a photo of Sunny. She is one of the original group of cats abandoned by our neighbor. She has two litter mates still out there- Liddy (the mom of Snowball - a post in 6/2009) and Samantha.

Sunny has been acting feral with me for the 2 1/2 years I have been feeding her. Sometime over the last several months she has started to rub up against me as I'm putting food down. Now she lets me pet her quite extensively. She can still be quite skittish when I encounter her other than feeding time. However, I'm quite excited about this new development. I am going to work on socializing her more fully once I place Stripe in a home. (I'm planning get going on Stripe's adoption procedures around the middle of November) I will use food to gradually lure her inside where some of our other cats frequently hang out.

I think she would make a lovely pet. She is not aggressive outdoors. She walks as if she might be getting some arthritis. Yet she does not seem to mind the cold winters like Scrufty does. I believe she is only about 5 years old. Just the right age for her to finally get a warm, loving home.


Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless cat colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.

If you are new here, I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.

Debby Taylor DTConsult@cableone.net

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

I feed several feral colonies and it's such a wonderful treat to see the kitties become more friendly and gain your trust!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

We are so happy to hear that Sunny is starting to socialize....and we hope she will soon be able to get a furever loving home.

love and purrrrrrrs

TC said...

Sunny looks like my Paris with a little more white. Hope she does get a loving home.
And bless you for all that you do for Gods creatures.

Mishkat said...

I'm so glad Sunny has learned how to trust you. She is a beautiful cat.

BeadedTail said...

It's wonderful that Sunny is becoming so friendly with you! We hope she finds a loving furever home soon!

Karen Jo said...

It's great that Sunny is becoming more friendly with you. I hope that you are successful in socializing her more and can find her a forever home.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I have a cat whose name is Mama Kitty. She was abandoned by neighbors 16 years ago. She doesn't like to be inside. She too rubs up against us when we feed her and lets us pet her a little. For all these years,she has lived in my back yard and sits on the shelf outside my kitchen window on the patio most of the day.

Bless you for taking care of the feral cats.

Iris

Amy & the house of cats said...

I am glad Sunny is starting to be more trusting - I really hope you are able to convince her to come inside so she can become more socialized and find a wonderful home!

Tiger Lily said...

Sometimes patience works!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Hello again,
I don't know if you are a stamp free award free blog or not, but I have been presented a lovely stamp from Noir at http://cats4meows.blogspot.com/ and I am passing it along to you and 9 others. If you want, it is posted on my Wednesday's post titled (THANK YOU NOIR)

Iris