Bootsy disappeared on August 14th. He was acting like a cat who wanted to crawl off to die on his own terms. We have not seen him at all since August 14th. He had been eating 2 meals a day on our back porch for 7 years, never missing a day. He was not prone to wander off for days or weeks at a time. He was truly a homebody. Even though he never let us touch him, we will miss him as we would miss a family member.
Although we have not found his body, we feel certain that he is no longer with us. It is our deepest hope that he passed with little or no suffering.
In the near future, I will be posting retrospectives with photos of him over the years.
I thank all of you for your prayers. They mean allot to me.
8/29/14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Bootsy's such a handsome cat! I pray he did not suffer at all! xx
We had hoped he'd return, and also hope that he passed peacefully without suffering.
Lots of hugs and purrs to you; bless you for taking care of him and giving him the best life possible for him.
What a handsome boy. Seven years is a long time to be feeding an outdoor cat. No wonder his disappearance is hard for you. Sending a hug.
Oh that is so sad. I have had two disappear and one gone all most two weeks now. It is so darn hard. I did have a cat that disappeared for three months and then came home, so don't give up yet. Happy Friday to you.
We just hate that. We all send love and hugs to you.
Yes, Bless you for taking such good care of him. he knew love and good care, even if he was a feral. M is sending you big HUGS.
bootsy.....it bee R hope az well ewe passed quicklee N without any pain ore suffering...God's speed, yur family & friends will miss ewe
♥♥♥♥♥
yur one rockin dood ♥♥♥♥♥
So sorry to hear that Bootsy has not come home!! Lots of purrs and prayers for you!
Your TX furiends,
Samantha & Mom
We hope his passing was peaceful. Our condolences to you, even though you may not have been able to pet him, that doesn't mean he wasn't loved. Sending purrs and prayers your way.
I am so sorry that Bootsy never returned home. I hope his passing was a gentle one.
We're very sorry Bootsy did not come back. Sending you hugs, purrs and prayers.
You must be right, and he went away to die on his own. It seems very sad to me, dying like that, but it must make sense to a cat. What's important to them is life, and he lived his with you. You gave him contentment for seven years. That's a great gift to give. Godspeed, Bootsy.
We're so sorry Deb, we know how hard it is to deal with when a feral cat, cared for, for many years disappears. May happy memories of beautiful Bootsy warm your heart soonest
Luff
Mungo
& Jane xx
Bootsy is good-looking. We hope he's still around...somewhere.
We thank you for constantly thinking and wishing us well.
Purrs from all of us.
We send purrs and prayers
“Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in
the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.“
Timmy Dad and Family
So handsome! It is so hard not knowing
Post a Comment