Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

9/9/14

Panther Had SurgeryToday

I have not even had a chance to post a memory-lane post for our beloved, departed Bootsy, when I discovered that Panther, another rescue, had an abscess near her tail.

She was licking it allot, and it looked really raw, so I got her right to the vet. The next day (today) she had surgery. Apparently,  an anal gland was involved. Stuff was drained out and she was sewn up. Her blood test showed everything else is good for her.  Thank God!!!

Now the poor thing has to have a collar on for two weeks until the stitches are removed. I'll be giving her more pain medication over the next few days. She'll have the drain removed Saturday (that's the thing that looks like a string in the photos).

The good news is that she seems anxious to get out of her holding cage (don't want the other cats to mess with her wound) - so she must be feeling pretty good.

I am always a bit shocked at the vet bills ( $526.00 this time ) although I should not be after all these years. I have Care Credit, so I only have to pay it off over time. I have been saving a little bit of money here and there for such emergencies, which means I'll be starting over again on that fund. If anyone feels like helping a bit, I have a PayPal button on the right side of my blog. And I would be so grateful!!!

We inherited our kitty colony soon after we moved into this house (a neighbor abandoned over twenty-five). None of them were ours originally. Panther must have been dropped off, as she was not part of the bunch from next door. She had to have all of her teeth removed years ago as they were in bad shape.

I was not prepared financially to care for so many. But I could not stand by and watch them starve, breed and suffer. I got some financial help from a rescue agency when we spay/neutered over 34 cats in two years. And I am so grateful to my blogosphere friends who have helped me defray other costs which arise as the colony ages. Somehow, God always provides!! Gratitude is definitely the key to happiness in this crazy mixed up world.






6 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

panther....de blessings oh St Francis two ewe , that ewe make a compleet & full ree coveree in record time...we noe ewe dont like de cone; but itz for yur own good N it will bee gone ina few ♥

Colehaus Cats said...

Sweet Panther, you have a good human watching over you. We hopes you feel better soon! Purrs...

Brian's Home Blog said...

Purrs and gentle hugs to dear Panther.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You will feel so much better now Panther. I hope you heal well.

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, dear panther! this is xing lu writing ... i hope you will get all better furry soon. be sure to take any meddysins the human beans try to gif you, they will help you recover well. i usually liff by myself inna room away frum our boycats, but thought i would come out to lend you encuragement. you can do it! I DID! our rotten boycats clawed an' bit my precious hiney so i gotted a big 'fection by my tail, but my humans took good care of me an' now i am all better. you will be, too! *friendly bonks*

meowmeowmans said...

Get better soon, Panther. We are sending purrs and prayers of healing and comfort.