Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

8/17/14

Bootsy Needs Prayers

                                                                   











Our household is filled with sadness today. We believe our 7 y.o. feral, Bootsy, has crawled off somewhere to die.

For his entire life, he has always been the first one to show up for breakfast.  Plus, unlike the other cats, his usual pattern is to hang out most of the day near our back porch. He has never been away for days like he is now.

One day last week, I noticed he was not coming around for food all day. I found him underneath a neighbor's RV. I looked right at him from a distance, with food in a bowl, and called him along with my signature whistle. Routinely for years if I call his name and whistle he comes for food. He has always been food motivated. But he just laid under the RV. Later that day, we found him laying under my car. We put food nearby. He never came out for it.

He has not really been his usual spry self for awhile. But he has been active and doing basic routines up until last week.  One day about a week ago, we saw him eating a bunny he killed. When I went out to dispose of the remaining carcass, there was none. It appears as if he ate it all including the bones. He has done that with birds in the past. But I have never seen him kill a bunny. I suspect he may have incurred either a blockage or internal injury from the rabbit bones.

Even though he never let us touch him, he has been part of our feral colony from the beginning. He is like family. Our hearts are aching and we are doing allot of weeping today.

Please pray for him. We are praying his system will shut him down so he is not in pain if he is dying. And we are praying his soul takes him so he does not have to suffer in any way.

Debby in Arizona









19 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I am sadden to hear about your feral Bootsie. I can only pray that there be the best outcome for Bootsie. Thank you for stopping by and visiting us today, we always love to hear from you.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Debra I am so sorry and I along with you hope that there is no pain for your sweet boy. You have had him there for a long while and it will hurt so to know he is hurting. I hope there is a chance that he will recover and be back.

The Island Cats said...

We are so very sorry. We send purrs to Bootsie.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sorry to hear this and send purrs for Bootsie.

Anonymous said...

We're so saddened to read this and are sending Bootsie purrs and purrayers for his Highest Good. If he has gone into hiding to die, we ask that it be merciful and quick and that he doesn't suffer. Bless you for caring for him, and for all the others. Hugs and peace.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so very sad to hear about dear Bootsie. We know he appreciated all you did for him over the years and he could feel the love. Love and hugs from all of us.

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

My purrs and my prayers are with you and your darling, beautiful Bootsie.

He may not have let you near him but I'M SURE he felt your love. I'm positive 'bout that. And love is the most amazin' gift of all.

Purrs,
Nissy

Donna said...

Me send love. {{{Bootsie}}}

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh Debby, I am so sorry to hear about Bootsie. Whatever happens I hope Bootsie does not suffer. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are so sorry to hear about your Bootsie. We hope he will pass peacefully soon in the knowledge that he was deeply loved.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

John Bellen said...

Poor Bootsie. I hope that if this is his end, that it comes quickly. Life can be so hard for feral cats, and wild animals in general. I'm glad he he had you to make it easier.

Team Tabby said...

We are so sorry to hear that Bootsie may not return. You are in our thoughts, all of us send you comforting headbumps.

Mindy
Moe
Cookie
Mike

Everycat said...

Oh this is sad, poor Bootsie. Deb, any chance of setting a trap with some small but really stinky food in there, near his lay up places? If you can get him, there may be a chance he can be helped. I know how hard this is with ferals, so sending you some purrs and love, as well as plenty for Bootsie

Mungo
& Jane The Ape xx

Lovable Lily said...

We've got our paws crossed here for Bootsie. We pray that what ever is happening he is not in any pain.

Sending you many hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Jans Funny Farm said...

How sad. We send purrs and tail wags for Bootsie to be okay, as in recuperating somewhere or dying without pain.

Julia Williams said...

Sending purrs and prayers to you, and to bootsie. I pray that if it's his time to cross the bridge, that he go swiftly. I'm glad that even though he was feral, he knew you loved him and he was well cared for.

Karen Jo said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Bootsie. I hope with all my heart that he is either recuperating from such a big meal or has passed without pain. Hugs from me and comforting purrs from the cats.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are all purring hard for Bootsie
Timmy and Family

Samantha & Mom said...

So sorry about Boosie!! Lots of purrs and prayers for him.
Your TX furiends,
Samantha & Mom