Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

8/8/14

Tiger Curled up Like a Bug














I have had many cats who curl their heads down when they sleep. This includes tucking the head under so the top of the head is on the sofa. Some of them go into even more of a fetal position than Tiger Lilly is doing in this photo.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a memory of being in the mother's womb? I did not find much on the Internet... something there about conserving body warmth and being smaller in relation to not being spotted by potential predators.

Sometimes I think I might be a little overly curious!

Debby in Arizona

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why cats do it, but it melts my heart when they do. They're so adorable, sleeping like that, and with a paw over their eye, that I can hardly stand it. LOL.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we always heard it's to conserve body heat especially as cats grow older...and nothing wrong with being curious !

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's just plain old comfy!

SquirrelQueen said...

Curiosity is always good ...... unless you are a cat then it can get you in trouble. Good question, I've always thought it was protection from predators.

Tiger is so cute. I love her pattern.

Marilia said...

♥♥♥

Tamago said...

Now you make me very curious, too!
That position doesn't look comfortable to me, but they seem to feel pretty comfy :-)

Oui Oui said...

We aren't sure why kitties do this but it's so cute we are glad they do!

CATachresis said...

I have often wondered about that too? When a cat is relaxed in its surroundings it often stretches out. So I do wonder whether they curl up so they are less vulnerable! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Unknown said...

some thoughtful information you have shared with us. i am just loving it.
Pet Food