We have at least one desperate coyote in our neighborhood. Several days ago, a Chihuahua standing next to its owner their yard in the middle of a built up community was snatched away by a coyote. This happened in broad daylight.Right around this time, one of my friends could not find her cat, Fitzroy, for over two days.(see photo of Fitzroy on drop trap) For privacy’s sake, I will call my friend Anne.
While Anne was outside calling for her cat, one of our feral cats, Grizzly, began to circle around where she stood. Grizzly circled many times, meowing the whole time. Then, my friend asked her what she was trying to say. Anne followed Grizzly, who lead her to find Fitzroy stuck up in a tree. Anne was able to coax Fitzroy down. I am so proud of Grizzly for helping Anne find her lost Fitzroy. Here is a photo of Grizzly.

Ever since then, it is evident that Fitzroy was spooked by something – perhaps the coyote – and has not been the same since. He will not go out for long before asking to go back inside. Before this, he could not get enough of the outdoors.
We are now keeping Tabatha inside. Tiger has been exclusively inside all along. And I am telling all of the outdoor kitties to run up a tree if they see a coyote. Animal communicators say you can effectively get through to animals by sending them pictures from your mind to theirs. So I have been sending a picture of a coyote trotting down the street with all the cats climbing up trees.
The lesson from Grizzly here is: Our pets have refined intelligence and can guide and help us, if we learn to pay attention and listen with a different set of senses.
Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.
I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
12 comments:
Oh, dear, a coyote in the neighborhood is bad news. Once they find out how easy it is to snatch small dogs and cats, it is hard to get them to leave. I hope all the outdoor cats got your message. I am so happy that Grizzly found Fitzroy for your friend.
Oh no! Coyotes are so scary!! We hope the kitties heard your message too!!
We live in a neighborhood of many tract homes and about two years ago a coyote was spotted.
Recently the lady who does my hair,who lives about a quarter to a half mile from me in a mobile park told me that a coyote had killed 4 or five cats in their park. Very scary. I felt bad because the animal control people killed it instead of tranquilizing it and releasing it in the wild.
Iris
Bless Grizzly and we hope Grizzly remains safe.
I just don't know how you can do this - you are such a strong and loving person. I do rescue but to see those babies outside and in harm's way - well, bless your heart. You are firmly in my prayers.
i know this. my cat luca reminds when i forget to lock the door properly, she keeps scratching the door while meowing loudly or she would run to me and the door until i get the message.
Good job, Grizzly! We sure hope all of the kitties stay safe and the coyote moves on to somewhere where it is supposed to live.
Charlemagne and Tamar
Stay safe Grizzly, you are a real hero! What a great rescue.
Oh, I hope I never meet a coyote! How lucky for Fitzroy that Grizzly helped and "Anne" listened! Mom asks Victor where I am and he usually shows her the right room. I like to appear out of nowhere, keeping my best hidey spots secret.
Purrs, Nina
I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
Nice post. really very interesting things are said in this post. keep up the good job dude.
Order Lasix (Furosemide) online
I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work..
Post a Comment