Someone was so kind as to give me a link where I found a definition for feral cat - maybe I should start calling them free-roaming
http://www.feralcatproject.org/faq.aspx
"What is a feral cat?
Feral cat is a term that has been used to describe a homeless cat that is undomesticated. We consider “feral” to describe a particular behavior a cat expresses when it is not used to people or feels frightened. It is virtually impossible to differentiate whether a frightened cat was born without human contact, formerly had human contact and became un-socialized from living on its own or if it is simply frightened. For our purposes we choose to call these cats free-roaming and use the term “feral” to describe a behavior a free roaming cat may convey."
thanks to Tillia and Georgia!!!
Debby
Arizona
7/21/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In my opinion, a feral cat is one that was born and raised as a wild animal. I have 18 of them here and have kinda of tamed all of them except the Momma kitty. It takes many months to get them to trust a human. They are totally like a wild animal because they are wild.
I totally agree - good point about them being like a wild animal - thanks Marg.
Post a Comment