Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

7/27/11

Feral Cats Struggling























Living outside as feral or abandoned is so hard on cats. We have found homes for all who are adoptable. Allas, some still suffer outside.


This quote came from ASPCA




"The number of feral cats in the U.S. is estimated to be in the tens of millions. Sadly, many communities still opt to control populations via outdated methods, including lethal elimination or relocation. Not only are some of these methods horribly cruel, they are also highly ineffective. It’s time to focus on feral cats in the fight to end animal cruelty.


"The ASPCA endorses Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) as the only proven humane and effective method to manage feral cat colonies. The following information provides background on TNR, online and print resources, and what you can do to get involved in your community. "



Any of you doing TNR? Maybe you have learned something special that could help others here. If you have something to say on your experience that you would like me to post email it to





Debby



Arizona





6 comments:

Deb said...

My heart goes out to all of them. I feed some myself and I will never stop caring and worrying about them. They do need help.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We always worry about the ferals too. Although, fortunately, there are not too many ferals in our neighborhood, we do provide food for those trying to help.

Fur Everywhere said...

I hate that so many wonderful creatures are suffering. It really saddens me.

The Chair Speaks said...

Oh poor kitties! If only each and every pet owner is a responsible one!

Marilia said...

I've rescued some feral cats, and I arranged for all the castration. Some even tolerate other cats and a few humans, but others are impossible to socialize. Here in Brazil, this problem is quadruplicate because of the ignorance of most people.
Great post. I love it!

SquirrelQueen said...

Hi Debby, I saw your links at Trixie and Lily and Sammy-Joe's blog. You have some really good posts to help people understand the needs of feral cats.

I work with a local organization that uses TNR to help control our feral cat population. I help wherever I am needed but mainly I trap and do post op procedures.

If more people would support local programs with time and donations so many cats could have better lives.