

Bootsy hissed at me this week while I was putting down food. I was temporarily a bit angry since I've been feeding him for the entire four years of his feral existence. Then I reminded myself of how many dangers, hazards and other stresses he faces every day as a homeless cat. And I let it go. People get grumpy in life - why not feral cats. Plus, from his perspective, I'm just the mechanism life put here for him to get fed. Gratitude? That does not enter into his perception of cat colony life.
8 comments:
Bootsy had a hard life and he is just being very careful to stay alive.
Hugs to you for feeding and keeping a lookout for him.
Aww, Bootsy. No, "gratitude" doesn't enter into the equation. The abandoned kitty I feed daily (he comes for breakfast, rarely for supper) is all wiggles and cuddles, now that he understands I'm the food lady. But if I'm off the step--out of context--he's a bit warier, of course.
It may have been displaced anger if something had happened just previous to him eating.
That's right! I wish all humans had your perception. We would have less abuse or mistreatment of animals, for sure.
Thanks to help Bootsy!
Yep, you're right to let it go, we all have hissy days every once in a while!
I think it's wonderful that you have this perspective, Deb! Cats definitely do think like we do. We are just here to serve them ;)
Poor Bootsy. I can't imagine how much he and all the other feral cats go through everyday. It must be a tough life, but I know that you make it easier for him and the others by providing them with food and showing them love. You are doing an amazing thing! :)
Bootsy is adorable, by the way!
Awww i can totally understand how you feel about Bootsy. There's a feral kitty that I feed too. He's a ginger and white kitty. His head is half bald, he's scarred, battered, and he has a mean personality to match. If he I don't set down his food quickly enough, he bites my leg or my foot really hard... Hard enough to draw blood! He even grabs on with his paws while he bites :(
Bless you for taking care of this feral kitty.
Post a Comment