Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

10/29/10

Helping Cats Survive Rough Winter Weather

Here in my part of Northern Arizona, we don't get much snow in the winter. When we do, it only lasts about 2 hours, even if we get 6 inches. Having lived in Pennsylvania for my first 55 years, I know about harsh winters. If you or anyone you know who is helping feral or homelss cats in a climate which produces harsh winter weather, the following are links with suggestions for helping the ferals get through it all with less hardship. Click on each hyperlink to go to each of the articles.

COMING IN FROM THE COLD

FERAL SHELTER IDEAS

Thanks to all of you who are working at reducing / eliminating suffering for animals everywhere.

And thanks to any who feel inclined to leave a comment or two.

Blessings to you and yours,

Debby

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Kas said...

Hi Debra,

I really admire what you are doing there, I am getting closer to be able to help more than just two rescue cats at a time.

The Chair Speaks said...

We love you for helping feral and homeless cat to through harsh winter weather! Purrs and headbutts.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Hi, Debby,

What wonderful work you are doing. We're right where the weather is harsh during the winter and it's good to find ways to keep all kitties warm.

I've enjoyed my first visit to your blog!

Have a good weekend!

Tom & Julie

Brian's Home Blog said...

Great advice, should be required reading for feline helpers in colder climates!

Anonymous said...

Hi debra,
I've been feeding three homeless cats for about a year now. One suggestion I read somewhere is to get them eating kitten food now. It has helped to fatten them up for winter and two meals a day gives them strength to hunt and defend. One, I'm pretty partial to as he is more friendly, I took into the vet for shots as well as some antibiotics and ear mite treatment. He's responded quite well.

We are doing a great thing. It breaks my heart to see how many animals are abandoned to the wild or euthenised (sp) each year for lack of funding or facility. But at least we are making a little difference.
Good luck,
rene'