Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

2/16/17

Tabby has Traveled the Rainbow Bridge

I have not posted for over a month. Have been very busy with my work and with doing many treatments at home for Tabby's kidney disease, including subcutaneous fluids, several pills, and a liquid medicine.


For a while it was helping. Recently, she started to decline. She would hardly eat. Quality of life was at an all-time low.

After intense deliberation, my husband and I took her to be euthanized on Valentine's Day.

Both my husband and I are heart-broken as she was so sweet and only 11 years young.

I know most of you have gone through something like this. And I can feel your empathy.

Please pray for us to receive the strength to move past the pain as effectively as we can.

The good news is that we have four other inside rescues who need us. And more than that outside who are homeless.

Thank you for your concern, your prayers and your comments.

Debby in Arizona

51 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Sending luv and purrs.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so very sorry, it's never, ever easy. We send you purrs, hugs and all our love.

Kitties Blue said...

Please accept my sincere condolences. We lost our beloved 6-year-old Fiona to CKD on Dec 1. She put up a great fight for nearly a year and endured all the treatments you speak of. I know how much your heart is breaking, and you will be in my prayers as you grieve your loss. Sending many hugs.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Debby, it is never easy. It is always too soon but you had the courage to let her go to her pain free rest I am so sorry and am sending prayers and hugs!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I'm so sorry. From a lot of experience, I know how difficult this was for you and your family. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved Tabby.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, Debby, we are so sorry to hear that Tabby has gone to the Bridge. Thank you and your husband for loving her so much, and so well. She was so blessed to have your love and care. Purrs and prayers to you.

Percy the Cat said...

We are purring for you, and mum sends her condolences. Many hugs.

Anonymous said...

Our Best Purrs to Tabby on her journey to the Bridge...

Unknown said...

We are so sorry to hear that Tabby has left for the Bridge. Sending healing purrs and love. Huge hugs.
With deepest condolences,
Angel Normie, Angel Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

AngelSmokey, Butterfly, Peekaboo! said...

I'm so sorry Tabby lost her fight. She had a loving home. Hugs

Zoolatry said...

Farewell, beautiful ... be at peace. Hugs and love to your Mom and Dad and furry family.

LBJ said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did the right thing for your furry friend, and know they passed in peace and well loved.

Lily said...

We're so sorry for your loss. Sending you purrs, prayers, and hugs.

Mariodacat said...

We were so sorry to hear Tabby had to cross the Rainbow Bridge. What a beautiful kitty too, and looiks so sweet. Reminded us of our Misty, who crossed the bridge for the same reason over 10 years ago. You are blessed to have other furbabies who need you. They will help keep you busy with less time tto dwell on the loss of Tabby. You were a blessing to her and took such very good care of her. RIP Tabby, you will be missecd and loved forever.

Kismet said...

Sending big POTC (claw) from nearby New River.

Mara said...

So sorry about your loss!

Mara, Brom and Miss Oswin from Norway

Marty the Manx said...

Sending you our comfort, strength and love.
Marty, Mom and the Gang from Marty the Manx

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

So very sorry for your loss.

Peaches and Paprika said...

So sorry about Tabby.She looked like a beautiful cat with those handsome stripes and some orange coloring. May she rest in peaace knowing she was loved!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Debbie we are sending purrs and prayers of support at this sad time.

My Mind's Eye said...

Dear Miss Debby and Family
we are sorry to read about Tabby's passing and send you lots of hugs and purrs.
Madi and Mom

We posted about Tabby's passing at http://blogvillepotp.blogspot.com

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry fur your loss. We hate CKD!!! It's a terrible disease dat takes our luvs from us far too soon. We're sendin' hugs and purrayers.

Luv ya'

Dezi, Raena and mommy Audra

lexitheschnauzer said...

Experience has taught me that "difficult" does not even begin to describe what you and Tabby just went through. God bless you for having the strength to give her the final gift. Angel Lexi's Mom, Amy

Aimable Cats said...

Sad news indeed. I went back and saw the video of Tabby sitting on the cat tree batting the balls down as you threw them to her.

The one bad thing about cats is they never seem to live long enough.

Jans Funny Farm said...

So sorry about Tabby, Debby. I know you love all your cats, inside and outside. A warm hug.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so sorry about Tabby, staying busy with those who need your help will help you get through this painful loss. (Hugs)

CATachresis said...

I am so very sorry that Tabby has gone! You cared for her and loved her and I know you will miss her dreadfully? Sending purrs to you x

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Marg said...

We are so sorry that Tabby had to go to the bridge. Just know that she knew lots of love while she was with you and was a very lucky cat.

www.shelter-cats.com said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fighting kidney disease is a terrible losing battle. I know you gave Tabby lots of love and the best care possible. I hope soon the memories of her last months will be replaced by sweet thoughts of her younger healthy days.
Also hoping your husband is recovering quickly from his knee surgery!
Best wishes,
Maggie

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Tabby. You gave her a loving and good life and gave her dignity when it was time for her to leave.

Rene said...

We are so sorry for the loss of Tabby. It is easy to see how much you loved her from your post. Sending purrs and love from our house.

The Island Cats said...

We are so very sorry. Sometimes everything we do just isn't enough. We send you lots of comforting purrs and gentle headbutts.

sprinkles said...

I read about Tabby on the POTP blog and wanted to express my condolences. I had a kitty with kidney troubles too, so I can empathize. My your good memories of her outweigh the hurt you're feeling now.

Gigi said...

Godspeed, sweet Tabby. Thanks to your People who gave you a loving and happy home and good life, and who sent you gently onward when the time came. Every kitty should be so blessed. XOXOXOXO from Spitty and the Human

Forty Paws said...

We are so sorry to hear that it was Tabby's time to cross over. Many hugs and purrs and purrayers from all of us at Forty Paws.

Kaz's Cats said...

We're so sorry for your loss...

Sending love and purrs,

Buddy, Slash, and Karen (Mun)

John Bellen said...

My Tungsten was fourteen when she died; she had kidney disease.

Our friends never stay long enough; even were they to stay a hundred years, and eleven is far too short a time. Please accept my condolences. I know Tabby will be forever remembered, and she will forever remember the love and care you gave her. Godspeed, Tabby.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Godspeed your journey to heaven Tabby; we are truly sorry. We all send our sincerest sympathies to your mom and dad, we know how very hard this is. You were and always will be loved ~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

I am sorry Deb; I send prayers to you and your husband ♥♥♥♥♥

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of beautiful Tabby.

Colehaus Cats said...

We are so sorry. Thank you for caring for and for loving sweet Tabby.

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Tabby looked like a sweet girl. CKD is an exhausting roller coaster. We did it for five years and Merlin died naturally last year at 21.5. There were so many times we almost gave up and then he'd bounce back, with more frequent fluids etc. Our cats let us know when it's time to go as I'm sure Tabby did.

Unknown said...

We are very sorry for your loss of Tabby. It is so difficult to make the hard decision. I struggle every time. Peace and blessings of love and comfort to you in your time of sorrow. Sabina Ayne, kittycaperz.wordpress.com

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am so very sorry.. it is hard at any time, but at only eleven..

Mickey's Musings said...

We are sorry to hear about Tabby.
We purr you take comfort know that you gave this sweet kitty love,kindness and great care.
You will move past the pain. Think about the great life she had noy that she died.
We send lots of comforting purrs. Hugs too.

Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Debby, I commented yesterday but I don't see it. I hope you are able to read it before it disappeared.
xoxo

The Florida Furkids said...

We're sending you soft, healing purrs and prayers at this sad time.

The Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

Granny and I are so sorry you lost your purrecious Tabby on such a terrible disease and send Soft Pawkisses to comfort you <3 <3 <3

Unknown said...

We are very sorry for your loss!