Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

6/3/14

Suffering in Draught

This is the first year that birds have been eating our cats' dry food off and on all day, every day. We believe it must be because they are having trouble finding specimens of what they usually eat in nature. This past year has been the driest I have seen since I have been here (8 years). Everything looks totally scorched. These photos show the birds on top of my garden fence, where we have secured a plastic dish full of dry cat food. This helps keep them away from the cats who, naturally, love to kill them. The spotted one in the last photo usually sits there, waiting for Daddy robin to come feed her mouth to mouth with the dry food. Please say a prayer for the wildlife in Northern Arizona. Thank you! - Debby




6 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I have a couple of birds that come to one of the cat bowls, this is the second year. We aren't in a drought but it is starting to get dry. Sending prayers for your wildlife.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

The tree shrews around here like eating the cat food I put out for Stinky (our TNR cat). But I think it's more because they have developed a taste for the cat food. :)

Thank you for taking care of those birdies.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Bird just love cat/dog food!

We try to remember to always put out water for our feathered furriends.

Vanessa Morgan said...

Sweet birds. So kind of you to provide (cat) food for them.

meowmeowmans said...

Poor things. The drought in the Southwest is just terrible. Believe us, we are purring and praying with fervor for the wildlife, and all of nature there.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are sending prayers to all the critters. We are in year 3 of a drought here.