Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

9/11/13

Cat Grass for Fall and Winter















In the summer, we have grasses we can pick by the roots to bring inside for our inside-only cats. But those grasses are very mature and woody now. So it's back to growing the oat grass for them in my indoor greenhouse. (looks like a baker's rack).

When they get ripe, tasty grasses, they are happier than kitties in Tuna Town !!!

Here's an interesting article on the benefits of cats eating grass

Click here

All of mine love Oat grass. You can buy it on Amazon

Stay well, everyone!  Debby in Arizona

14 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yum! We haven't had any oat grass in a long, long time!

Cara n Crew said...

Good article! thanks for the link.
We all love grass but don't get it often any more cause we always yak after we eat it :D our mom got a package with different kinds of grasses and the oat grass was our fav'rite. purrs,

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

meowmeowmans said...

Oat grass sure sounds yummy! Thanks for the very interesting post! :)

Jenn said...

I know my cats would love that! I can't let them eat too much, though or it'll come back up all over our carpet or furniture. :)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Angel loves grass. I think Max does, too! Kirby not so much!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We like it when Mommy grows some cat grass for us!

Anonymous said...

I like that a couple of the grocery stores in town have cat grass in their floral section, already sprouted. I buy the seeds too, sometimes, but it's so convenient to buy a pot of it all ready to be eaten!

Safe Haven Hotel said...

I unfortunately use any type of grass for my boys as their tummies just can't handle it but yours appears to be enjoying thoroughly which is just way too cute!

Beth said...

Lucky kitty!

Marilia said...

Grass is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love to go in the garden every morning and have a chew on the grass.

SquirrelQueen said...

My inside kitties love grass. I need to grow them a new batch. Thank for the reminder.
Happy Weekend!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

My mum buys that grass from Amazon too. I love it!

A Tonk's Tail said...

oh we love cat grasses too - especially the oat and rye. YUM. Thanks for visiting our blog - and THANK YOU for all the TNR work you are doing in AZ!!!!!!