This is Stripe. You might be able to see in her face how much she is continually yearning to be sitting on my lap. :)
I have had less time for her than usual since I'm in the midst of refinancing my mortgage. What a paperwork nightmare!
She really epitomizes the characteristics of torties - affectionate and very much wanting to spend time with her people.
She does not just sit in my lap. She looks me right in the eye, nuzzles my chin, then looks me in the eye again while I'm petting and brushing her. My other domesticated feral, Tiger, is the only other one who likes to look me right in the eye when being pet. My normal domestics always look away.
Needless to say, I get as much out of spending time with Stripe as she does!!!
Debby in Arizona
PS - I live 50 miles from where the 19 Hot Shot firefighters were killed in the Yarnell fire recently. We are all so sad here.
7/8/13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yes, we can see that longing look on Stripe's eyes! Purrs to Stripe and you.
Such a beauty and I can see the love in her eyes! We so hated the news about the hero firefighters.
Firstly, Stripe is beautiful.....tortie girls are the best! Secondly, my deepest condolences on the loss of the firefighters in AZ; there are so many of us who feel for their families and their community.
I once fostered a set of kittens that had two torties in it. One had a stripe down her face like your Stripe, the other had a splotch on her forehead that looked a bit like a star. Since they were going up for adoption around July 4th, I named them Star and Stripe! :)
Btw, do you know you have word verification on your comments? A lot of people can not use them and when they see them they simply leave with out commenting.
http://www.lifecouldbeadreamblog.com/2013/03/blogger-tips-how-to-remove-word.html
Sorry about the Hot Shot Firefighters. That was tragic.
We had a kitteh move in, he was a tabby just like me, only smaller, so they called him "Junior." He was all nuzzley like that, they loved it.
Hi Deb! Thanks for stopping by and plz encourage folks to come to your website anytime you like!
Stripe has such pretty markings! I'm surprised that you wrote Torties are typically people-oriented. I had another cat lady tell me that in her experience torties are more standoffish. My tortie kitten, Pattie Cake, one of the four kittens in the top pic with Uncle Doobie, has become sooo shy!
She runs away from human contact and jumps when I try to pick her up. I have to encourage her to trust me by giving her yummies, and picking her up with the yummies.
When I first brought her in with her siblings, she was a little purr bunny. Yet she did have a loner kind of personality outside.
She was the only kitten I had to use a kitty trap to catch her. I keep wondering if the awful sound of the trap has something to do with it, like a delayed PTSD reaction.
Her calico sisters are very people oriented. Any advice you have would be wonderful. Thanks! Katie Kat.
She does look rather annoyed that you're taking a photo rather than giving her rubs while she curls up all cozy on your lap. Thank you for sharing about her anyway, she's beautiful! And thanks for linking to the Pet Parade, you've been pinned!
Post a Comment