Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

6/21/13

Play Biting - Motivation?




My two domesticated feral cats do what seems like a "play biting" with me - never breaks the skin - you never know what's in their minds with things like this.




Here is an interesting article on the subject

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/why-does-my-cat-bite-me-when-i-pet-her

Do any of your cats do this?

Debby
Arizona

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a lot of cats do this. Nicki doesn't do it, or hasn't up to this point. Derry sometimes will try--usually when I STOP petting him before he's done with his scritches. I discourage it, though. The rare time he tries, I hiss and turn away from him, ignore him. Not sure that makes any difference, but I don't want my cats biting humans in any way.

I don't play with them with my hands, either. I used to do that with angel Annie, play with my hands, and she was quite wild, but I always watched her closely and would stop and turn away when she got too aggressive.

I think it's a matter of knowing your cat and paying attention, stopping whatever it is you're doing before they react in any kind of aggressive way.

Brian's Home Blog said...

One of my sisters does that all the time!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Flynn does it when we play. He gets excited but only bites gently without marking my skin.

Unknown said...

My sisfur does. She's a tuxie and she's our pound kitteh. She was brought to the pound with her litter so she's a mama cat.

She bites my Momz real gentle like.