
Bootsy is one of our 5 year old outdoor ferals. He's the one with the distinct white bib in the photo here. Normally we don't see him during the day. But with high heat temperatures, he has been coming to lay on our cement porch. I feel so badly for him. All I can think to do is give him some cold, fresh water.And Scrufty (other photo) is an indoor cat. But she cries relentlessly when I put on the air conditioner in her room - as if the noise frightens her. I hate doing that to her. But she was panting allot yesterday when all we had on was an overhead fan. My husband and I hope to be able to help train her to tolerate the noisy air conditioner. The other two in that room don't mind it.
Hoping all of your kitties are doing OK in the heat.
Debby in Arizona
4 comments:
We are the opposite here. It is unusually wet and cold for the time of year. We are struggling to get past 50F.
We hope you can all keep cool.
I has been plenty hot her in South Carolina and we make sure the ferals have lots of cool and fresh water too.
Our human keep wet-mopping our tile floor and we will immediately lie down. Plans are on the way to put up hanging plant pots to help beat the heat as well as for decoration!
The heat is hard for all of us. Very belated thanks for coming by our birthday party!!!
Cats of wildcat woods
Post a Comment