Scrufty was a neighborhood rescue. She had really bad stomatitis which is like gingivitis. I think it's been a few years since her surgery. She had it really badly down into her throat.
She is a totally new cat after her operation. She is lively, eats better, and is overall a happer cat. I only wish she had been the kind of cat who would let us handle her since we might have been able to catch her problem before it got so far developed.
Here's information on recognizing gingivitis-stomatitis -
I hope all of you kitties are well and thriving!
Debby in Arizona
4 comments:
Hooray for Scrufy and thanks for the great info!
Thanks to the info!!!
Glad Scrufy recovered. Our Pebbles had gingivitis some time ago and got well after treatment.
I had not heard of this before but am glad to be informed now. Thanks.
Post a Comment