
In this photo from over 3 years ago, our little grey Bootsie looks like he is training for some kind of Smack Down activity. (isn't the phrase "Smack Down" used for wrestling on TV sometimes now?) He used to love wrestling with his brother, Tuxedo, also shown in the photo. Alas, Tuxedo was hit by a car about this time last year. The good news is that we have not lost any other abandoned or feral cats since then.This is the time of year coyotes come into our development since food is harder for them to secure. I have not seen any so far, despite the unusual retention of snow and ice since our last storm a few weeks ago. (Generally, in this part of N Arizona even 6 inches of snow could be gone in two hours due to the prevalence of sunshine.)
So everyone here seems to be doing well, indoor and outdoor kitties alike.
I noticed that Scrufty's voice seems a little tighter than usual - when she 'talks' she barely squeaks. (Scrufty is the squinty-eyed grey tabby with her own photo in this post.) I'm hoping she does not have any recurrence of her stomatitis. She was just to the vet about 2 months ago for this (have to go about every 3-4 months to check it). It's so hard to tell if she has infection since she doesn't like me picking her up, let alone opening her mouth. She's a picky, infrequent eater even when she is healthy. So it's hard to tell whether she has any mouth discomfort. I just have to really watch her eating habits and whether she is lethargic, sleeping more than normal.
Here is a very good site with information and photos about stomatitis.
CLICK HERE
Thanks for reading this post - please comment. Check out my past posts where I have shared allot of my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog. http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
I don't always post frequently due to a heavy work schedule. However, please sign up as a follower of my blog since I love getting diverse viewpoints as comments.
I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
Debby Taylor
DTConsult@cableone.net
10 comments:
We are glad to know you are taking such good care of the homeless kitties. The world needs more humans like you!
Scrufty don't look squinty-eyed here.
Glad that all outdoor kitties are accounted for.
Purrs from all of us that all outdoor kitties are safe every year.
We hope that she is OK! We love the work you do and your blog.
Your picture is up on the Pet Blogs United Babyface Parade, thanks for sending it in!
Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar
We love hearing that your ferals are doing great!!
I also saw some pictures of the cats at PBU's babyface parade. Sorry to hear about Tuxedo. A lot of animals get hit by cars here too, it's so sad... I hope Scrufty will be ok.
Take care!
So glad to hear the ferals are doing well, Debby. We are purring and praying for Scrufty; hopefully she does not have a recurrence of stomatitis...
I sure do send lots of purrs to Scrufty and hope that all is well with her. I will purr and pray that the coyotes find a source of food elsewhere...way elsewhere!
We're glad everyone is doing well and we sure hope Scrufty is okay too. We're send purrs that the coyotes stay away!
I am so happy that everyone is doing good. I hope that Scrufty isn't have another bout of stomatitis.
It is a wonderful thing you are doing for the feral cats.
I worry about the coyotes though. I hope they go in another direction away from you.
I just discovered your blog. I admire your work with the kitties!
Post a Comment