Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

7/23/10

Scrufty Seems Problem Free

The Mysterious Scrufty


It's been seven months today since Scrufty's surgery for advanced gum disease. Primarily, she has been progressing beautifully. We had her back to the vet twice for a cortisone shot since her gums got a bit inflamed again. But for the most part she has been more alert, a little playful, and eating better. I focused on giving her better quality protein and boosting her immune system with CoQ10 and Vitamin C. She stays inside - we do not let her roam free like she used to. But she loves going into the cat run and sleeping in her crinkly tube there. I believe on some level she feels safer and happier with this arrangement. She always seems to look happier and healthier to me.

But she is quite a mysterious creature. She stays to herself allot. Scrufty never asks for anything. She is one of those cats who just blends into the furniture, is not fussy about food, plays with toys by herself, and sits on a window sill, staring out of the window when not sleeping. She is a no-fuss, no-frills cat who keeps to herself more than any domesticated cat I've ever known.

The only thing that makes her less than a model cat is that she does not usually like affectionate treatment from her 'beans. But lately she is letting me brush her. She actually seems to be learning to enjoy it. She wiggles all over the couch when I brush her!

Here are links to three past blogs about dear Scrufty. I'm just so happy she is no longer a homeless cat.


http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/2010/01/scruftys-progress.html


http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/2010/01/scrufty-still-doing-well.html


http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/2009/12/emergency-for-scrufty.html


Thanks for reading and commenting!

Debby in Arizona

4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is great to hear, I am so glad that Scrufty is getting along so much better, makes me smile!

Everycat said...

Scrufty, lookin' mighty fine there. Brushing huh? This burgeoning career as a brush hussy suits you!

Tee hee

WW

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Scrufty is looking lovely. We are glad she is getting on well.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to read the previous post about Scrufty, but it's apparent to me she's got it made :) I applaud the work you do for all those cats.
Twinkie