
This photo is of Tippy and Bootsy (he's the tabby), both feral. They are really close now. But this was not always so. Samantha used to be Bootsy's constant companion. We lost Samantha in January of 2010. Bootsy is one of those cats who needs to have a friend to pal around with and wrestle/play. So many homeless we have encountered are loners. I'm so happy Bootsy found a new friend. He was so sad after Samantha left us.
Bootsy is also a polydactyl (am I spelling that right?) If you click on the photo of Bootsy near the hose, you can see his extra toe. What a shame we were not doing the TNR before he was born - so many people want this configuration of toes in a cat they adopt. He would have been very adoptable.
All of our colony seem to be doing OK for now. One named Grizzly has not been around for a few days. But I'm not worried yet. She might be going to another neighbor for food.
I'm still working on the management of my diabetes, which limits my time-frames for posting and blog commenting. Gotta keep getting exercise and making better food choices!
Thanks for reading my post - leave a comment if you like. I plan to share more about my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog.
I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
Debby Taylor DTConsult@cableone.net
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
10 comments:
We're glad to hear everyone is OK - and also glad that Bootsy and Tippy have become friends! (We know you and Bootsy must miss Samantha a lot, though.)
Sending you purrs and good thoughts!
Katie and the Mishkat cats
Both Bootsy and Tippy are lovely cats. Glad that they found each other.
Take care. Purrs.
Aw, we're glad Bootsy now has Tippy as a companion. Sending lots of healing Light to you and all the kitties!
Aaah, that's nice, Bootsy has a good chum to hang with. Long may the colony do well and we hope you take some time for you too
WW
It is wonderful that they are friends, that is great! I hope you are doing better too!
Having friends is always a good thing! We are so happy that Bootsy and Tippy have each other, :)
It is great that Bootsy and Tippy are pals and can hang out together!
Oh, we have you on our Friday Friends this week - I am still getting the post up but you are our first friend!
Glad that Bootsie and Tippy are friends now. I have 18 feral cats here living with me. Most of them are not so feral any more except with other people and some of them are over that. So I sure do admire everything you are doing for all those cats. I wish I could donate something to you but I am having trouble meeting our expenses.
Have a great week end.
Hi...I read about your blog from Amy & the House of Cats. Thank you for caring for these kitties and bringing awareness :)
Great to hear all is OK. Sending healing light to you!
Post a Comment