Liddy is so skittish that it is difficult for me to get my husband hooked up with her when she is around so he can photograph her. My talents just do not run in the area of photography. So pardon my using the same photo. (she is the tortie)Liddy has been gradually coming back to eating OK! A soupy mixture of watered down wet food worked. And now she is even going for the regular wet food again, too. My neighbor has been wonderful in working with me on watching out for her and helping her with the watered down food.
I have not tried to catch her to have her checked with the vet. It took a year to get her trapped for spaying. So I am just going to keep an eye on her now. Maybe she just had a sore in her mouth or she ate something that did not agree with her. I thank everyone who left comments on my post about her not eating - you all gave me such helpful ideas.
I am sure that eventually I will have to trap her to see what's up for her. For whatever reason, she was in the habit of having her litters under a home where there is allot of asbestos and other totally unsanitary garbage. So I am hoping she does not have any major diseased condition because of that. I am just so happy the soupy wet food helped her come back to eating for the time being. If things change, I am sure I will be doing more posts on her, too.
Again, thanks for your comments, prayers and purr-ayers,
Debby
14 comments:
We're happy to hear Liddy is eating again! Yay! And we're purring that you'll be able to trap her soon so she can be checked out by the v-e-t.
I am so happy that Liddy is eating again. I hope that it was just some temporary thing and that she will be all right now.
Glad that Liddy is feeling better and eating again.
Yay! That's wonderful news! That's it Liddy, nom, nom, nom - keep it up gal!
WW
Thanks for letting us know that Liddy is some better, we've still been purring for her!
Yay! We are so glad that Liddy is doing better, and eating! Please keep us posted. :)
We're happy that Liddy is eating again! We hope it was something minor :)
We'z glad to hear dat Liddy is eating again...one of da colony cats stopped eating and was losing weight last year. Da caretaker finally got her trapped and took her in. Turns out she had a loose tooth and it had fallen out on it's own only a few days before she was trapped. Da vet gave her a aunty-biotik shot and she's still running around, eating and pestering Miss Carol for some of the treats she carries around.
Glad to hear. We had a cat like that that was so hard to trap. Now she is inside and is a luvbug! Go figure!
We are so glad she is doing better. Sometimes if you don't feel well it is hard to get back to eating again - for both kitties and people. So the soup food was probably easier for her to tollerate and get her back into eating again. We are still sending her lots of purrs!
that's great!! soup makes me feel better when i'm sick too :) the ultimate comfort food, even for kitties!!
Glad Liddy is eating! Hope this continues.
Yay Liddy! You keep right on eating that yummy food so that you can feel better!
Sending purrs,
Charlemagne and Tamar
Liddy we are so happy that you are eating again. I wonder what was bothering you.
Lots of hugs and purrs to you
Boo-Bahs Little Sunshines
Post a Comment