
I have been doing a juicing program for my health since 2/25/10. The learning and practice curve on this has been quite labor-intensive, so I have not had the free time to blog more than once since I began my liquid diet. And of course there is always more news about the kitties here at Homeless Cat Care.
Liddy, one of the skittish abandoned ones in our outside colony, has been refusing to eat the dry and the wet food I put out. (she is the dark one in the photo). At first I thought she was starting to get fussy about the flavor of her food like the ones do inside (outside ones usually don't get fussy here). Then I noticed she would sit apart from the food and cry, looking up at me. She has never been one to cry at all in the 3 years I've known her.
I wondered if maybe she has a mouth, teeth or throat infection like many who have come to us. But she would never let me get close enough to touch her. So I put some kitty seafood paté with tuna and some water in a high-speed blender and slurried it all into a soup. After adding a bit of anti-biotic left from Scrufty, Liddy came up to the food and lapped up some of the soup. She did not eat much, but at least she had some.
So I believe her cries were her way of asking me for help.
I would appreciate prayers and purr-ayers for Liddy in Prescott Valley from all of you wonderful bloggers.
I just pray that she does not have anything seriously wrong. I have created an enormous dent in my savings from caring for all these cats over the last 3 years. My own health care is starting to be expensive (diabetes and blood pressure). Between Scrufty and Panther, it has cost about $1000.00 just for teeth and mouth problems. I am very grateful for the nearly $300.00 I received from bloggers to help me with the bills for Scrufty. Animal rescue agencies around here are seriously low on contributions. So I am on my own with the cat expenses for now.
If Liddy has any serious problems with her mouth or throat, I will have to put her down. I would do that only if my current efforts do not help her get better. I would not want her to die slowly outside, suffering over time. (I had to use herculean efforts to trap her to get her spayed - it took a year - would have to use the drop trap again.) She has had such a hard life since abandoned. Before we finally caught her she had more than 6 litters. She has had only about 9 months of freedom from the birthing stress. I'd like to see her have a little more freedom here, even though she won't allow me to domesticate her.
Thanks for your prayers,
Debby Taylor
DTConsult@cableone.net
15 comments:
We are purring for Miss Liddy to get better.
KC and I also sent you a donation to help out.
Please keep us posted on her status, and everyone at your shelter.
Also, KC has a post about this tomorrow (Sunday) on the Cat Blogosphere.
~ML
We are purring that it is nothing serious with Miss Liddy.
DEAR GIVE TO HER NATURAL MEDICINE: HARD-TUMORS - USE CALCIUM Fluoratum
SOFT-USE-THUJA
TOUGH-USE - Symphytum
MUCOSA FOR USE BELLADONNA D 4 + ECHINANACEA DI
OR YOU CAN ALSO GIVE ANTIBIOTICS
Herman is purraying and I am praying that there is nothing seriously wrong with Liddy. I understand your problems with her. I think the soup you made her is an excellent idea. I hope she continues to drink it.
Hi
I stumbled on your blog via the blogosphere cat news.
I'm very sorry to hear about Liddy. Has she seen the vets yet? I shall hope and pray that it's nothing too serious - that maybe antibiotics may help and that'll be enough.
I'm very sorry to hear about your health too! You are a wonderful person looking after these sweeties. So am sending you healthy hugs as well as purry prayers.
Take care and good luck
x
We hope the wee sweetie eats soon. It must be heartbreaking to hear her cry. Would she eat soft yoghurt - something cold and high in calories?
Rumbly purrs on their way for sweet Liddy. This is a toughy to deal with Deb, so we feel for you. I'd be tempted to get hold of her and get her to the vet for a once off diagnostic exam. Sometimes problems that seem profound (Liddy crying, not eating) might be something that is easily (cheaply too) treated/managed if they are caught early on and will allow Liddy many years of good life as a managed feral. Sending you hugs Deb!
Whicky Wuudler
and his ape.
We are purring for sweet Liddy too, we hope she feels better soon!
Sorry to hear about Liddy. The homeopathic treatments mentioned above are much more affordable. I use them rather than go to the vet unless we have to. It could be anything - most of mine will still eat even with teeth and mouth issues - sounds more like internal problems. I will send healing energy for both her and you.
That is heartbreaking. We are praying and purring for LIddy (and you, too)!
We are purring for Liddy that it is something that can be easily treated.
We hope Liddy will be okay. We can understand this is upsetting to you. One of your ferals is ill and you can't just put her in a PTU and take her to the vet. That has to be very stressful. Paws crossed!
I am heartbroken about that precious girl. I so hope she will be alright and that maybe she can be humanely trapped to see her poor mouth.
I love all kitties and I will pray for this one.
We are so behind so we hope things are a bit better for Liddy. We are sending over lots of purrs and prayers for her to be ok. It has to be so hard when you know she both wants the help but also is too skittish to really see what is wrong.
oh no poor liddy!!!!! would it be possible to sneak a little sedative into her food to help you catch her? i hope her teeth and gum problems aren't anything serious.. my cat coco has an autoimmune disorder that occasionally flares up and makes her gums swell.. then a tooth or two will fall out as well.. but a little antibiotic and steroids usually puts her right back to normal and she can eat soft food... perhaps liddy might have disorder like that? i hope she will be ok.. and you too.
Post a Comment