
This morning, 2/22/2010, Tuxedo was hit by a car and died. He must have died from severe trauma to the head since his body was intact when I found him on the road. We are heart-sick over losing him.
I only hope he went to the Rainbow Bridge quickly without suffering.
He would have been 3 years old this spring.
Recently, we started keeping all of our special needs and adoptables inside 24/7. That decision was based primarily on increased coyote activity in our neighborhood lately.
If any of you reading this let your cats go outside because they bug you to do so, I hope you decide to make them stay inside. Eventually, they learn that they are inside for good and stop bugging you. There are many more dangers outside for cats than cars.
Here is a link to read about the many dangers

32 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that poor little Tuxedo left this world so abruptly... Hopefully he went without pain.
Oh, I am so, so sorry! I just saw this on the Blogosphere, was hoping he would have survived. :-(
I have three indoor cats, but they do go out into my enclosed back space, a tiny townhouse back "yard" that is fenced, with lattice and netting to keep them in. Everyone in my neighbourhood thinks I'm nuts, I'm sure, but I'd rather they were safe.
Again, please accept my deepest condolences. Sending you all Light for healing and wishing you universal blessings and peace.
-Kim at Fuzzy Tales
So sorry to hear about sweet Tuxedo! We're sending purrs to you in this difficult time!
We're both indoor cats. We live in the city so it's even more dangerous to go outside.
We are so very sorry about the loss of Tuxedo. We share your sadness and are sending you our most comforting purrs. (((Hugs)))
Oh dear, we are so sad you lost your sweet Tuxedo. You have had a rough time of it! Our hearts are with you and Mom is sending lots of healing energy to you.
Oh DebraI am so sad to read about Tuxedo. We are sure he is ok at the bridge now - Floyd will hang out with him to make sure he isn't alone. We send you lots of purrs and prayers.
We are so very sorry to hear that very sad news, it makes our whiskers weepy wet too.
we are sending comforting purrs and healing prayers your way. perhaps our sweet kimiko will get to show tuxedo around at the bridge. i am sure she know where the best sun spots are.
kazoku neko
I'm so sorry to hear about Tuxedo. I hope he went to the bridge quickly. I'm an indoor only kitty.
Oh Debby, we're so sorry to hear about Tuxedo.
We're so sorry to hear about Tuxedo. Purrs to you all...
Debby, I'm so sorry to hear about Tuxedo. The cats and I are sending you and yours love, purrs, and good thoughts.
We're so sorry to hear that Tuxedo had to go to the Bridge.
Sending purrs to help comfort you,
Charlemagne and Tamar
We are so sorry that Tuxedo got hit and had to leave you. Sending gentle purrs ...
'Kaika and the Yosemite cats
I am so sorry to hear this! Ahhhhh (((HUGS)))
We are very sorry to hear the sad news. We send comforting purrs.
I am so sorry. It is so hard when we lose a cat.
You are right, keep cats inside. It lengthens their lifetime a great deal. There are just too many dangers outside.
We are sending loving purrs to you.
From
Boo-Bahs Little Sunshines
We're so sorry to hear about Tuxedo.
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
i'm so sorry about tuxedo. he's in heaven now and no harm can ever come to him again.
So sorry about Tuxedo. This is the very reason why all my cats are never allowed out of their room and yard. Even if they manage to sneak out to other parts of the house, they can't leave as the whole house has been 'catproofed'.
I'm so sorry about Tuxedo being hit by a car. Such a sad and sudden loss. Sending purrs.
We are so sorry to hear about Tuxedo. This news breaks our hearts. We're both indoor kitties so we're safe but thanks for reminding everyone to keep their kitties inside.
We're sorry about Tuxedo. He was such a handsome kitty. It's easy to get attached and hard to say good-bye. Warm purrs and tail wags.
So sorry to hear about Tuxedo.
Am glad the others will be kept indoors, although they may not like it.
We're sending lots of purrs and headbumps to all your other kitties.
We are so very sorry to hear abowt Tuxedo going to the Bridge.
RIP little one.
We are sad to learn that little Tuxedo was hit by a car and left for The Bridge. In his 3 years he will have known your care and love and won't forget you ever. Our ferals are just as important as our companion cats, living in our hearts.
We send you love and rumbly purrs Deb.
Whicky & Jane
So sorry about Tuxedo. That is so sad. I have all feral cats here so I know how attached you can get to them. It is so special when they give you a look like, Thanks.
Very sorry to hear about Tuxedo.
I'm so sorry to read about Tuxedo; I just found your site a week or so ago. You helped him to have a very rewarding, though, short time with you. I'm glad he was so loved during that time.
WE are so sorry to hear about Tuxedo.
Healing purrs...
Abby
We're all very sorry to hear about poor Tuxedo. We hope he's happy at the Bridge, and happily waiting for friends.
It is never easy to lose life and to have it taken from you in a dramatic manner is even more difficult. Sending all of my tender thoughts and prayers. Rest well, Tuxedo, there is nothing to be frightened of at the Bridge...
Post a Comment