Just to update you, Scrufty is doing well after her surgery. It is so wonderful to see her eating frequently throughout the day. She was never a good eater before, probably because of all of the infection in her mouth and throat. The vet said her throat was so swollen that he had trouble getting a tube in for the procedure. It must have been extremely painful for her to eat before. I feel sick when I think of how long she must have suffered before I found out about her problem.It used to be she would only eat every other day. And now she has been eating about 3 times a day! I am hoping she will put on some weight. She is only 4 pounds. So tiny and frail.
She still sleeps allot. But when she is awake she seems a little more alert.
Thank you all for your contributions of thoughts, prayers and donations. I have 1/3 of the vet bill thanks to some very kind people.
May all of your kitties be healthy and happy!
Debby
22 comments:
I am sending you lots of purrs Scrufty.
This is such wonderful news! We're all so happy that dear little Scrufty is doing so well. Jumping from eating every other day to three times a day is brilliant. You watch, she will really thrive now. Please don't be hard on yourself when you think about the state of her mouth before surgery, you aren't the person who abandoned her, you are the person who helped her, helped her survive and got her mouth fixed. You are the person who cared. I don't think she would have survived without that surgery Deb, so give yourself some props m'dear :)
Whicky & Jane
Deb, dont be hard on yourself. It was you that did ood to get her the care. She will be fine now and will be a real beauty. You did well.. Love Carol and GJ xx
Made my whiskers grin up, my sisters and I are so very happy to hear that Scrufty is doing some better and is eating more...YAY!
This makes us smile!! We are so glad to hear Scrufty is doing so well!!!
We hope Scrufty is feeling lots better soon!
It is wonderful news! I am so happy to hear that Scruffy is doing better. I hope she will put some weight on. I can only imagine how relieved Scruffy must feel to be without pain and to be able to eat.
From your friends at
Boo-Bahs Little Sunshines
We are thrilled to learn that Scrufty came through her surgery just fine and that although she has a way to go yet, she is recovering well enough to eat more than before her surgery.
It makes me sad to know she suffered so much, but I'm so glad you were the one who found her. You gave her a chance by taking care of her and seeing that she got the medical care she needed.
She won't forget it either.
We know that you are sad about how she felt before the surgery but be so happy that she is feeling better now and that you were there to help her!
We are so glad she is feeling better!
YAY!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! We're so happy to hear she's doing so well...and eating several times a day!!!! And may you be mightily blessed for getting her the care she needed......xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are happy to hear that she's doing well.
Loki
So glad she is better, I echo everyone else's sentiments, DO NOT be hard on yourself, you rescued her and got help!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Great news! It's good you caught this so she can have a happier, healthier life.
Glad to hear she is doing better. Without you she would not have this chance to be a happy healthy cat.
It's so good to hear that Scrufty is doing so well! It's so wonderful you were there for her and helped her get the care she needed! Thank you for all you do!
We are very happy that Scrufty is doing well.
We are very happy to hear that little Scrufty is doing better. You are a very good caregiver for her.
China Cat & I are wishing all of you a Very Happy New Year! And we are happy that Scrufty is feeling better and eating more!
Purrrrrrrrs, Willow
We just read abotu Panther being poorly with Calici again, we are really sorry about this and hope she can get over this bout quickly. We have sent you an email with some info, hope it's useful!
Rumbly Purrs to Panther
Whicky & Mum
My sisters and I are purring and purring and purring for you Panther!
We read about Panther on the CB and came by to leave purrs and tail wags for her.
Post a Comment