
Up until about a week ago, there were 15 cats in our feral/abandoned colony. Then, Chance showed up. Now we are 16 kitties. (click on each of his 2 photos in this post to get a closer look at his current state) I could hardly keep from crying when I first saw him. His ears are mangled. His fur looks unhealthy with many thinning patches. His eyes weep pus. And his nose and mouth look like he had a head-on collision with something. He just oozes misery.I would dearly love to take this stray cat to the vet to get him some much needed care. It is very likely that he has gum disease. [I have experiences with two of our stray cats having advanced stages of gum disease if any of you want to talk about that with me DTConsult@cableone.net ] And, despite eating over a can of wet food at every meal with us for the last week, he is not putting on any weight. So he might have parasites/worms/etc. He is in desperate need of help.
If you could spare a donation (PayPal button in the sidebar of this blog) it would help us get him to the vet. Our household is just getting by with routine expenses as well as the food we offer our needy cats. Thank you for your help if you feel so moved! With gum disease and other treatments, Chance's visits to the vet will likely cost over $400.
Debby DTConsult@cableone.net
9 comments:
Ouch, poor Chance. I will send a little something to help out. I have already added you to my blogroll.
Our momma sent some to help this poor kitty out. Maybe the vet could give you a special price to help this sweet one?
Charlemagne and Tamar
Thanks for stopping by to visit our blog. we already added you to our blog roll. Chance does looks a mess - life is tough for these cats. I hope you can come up with a way to help him. I know how hard it is to find expenses to help the cats. Feel free to email me (on website) if you want to chat! Moving my cats was a major ordeal but it went well with the help of lots of cat caring friends.
Thanks for visiting us. It's heartbreaking to see how life can be so hard for some kitties!
We would love to help!
That is wonderful work you are doing for the feral kitties. We will add you to our blog list.
You are a wonderful human. I am praying you and your charges get all the blessings you deserve. Purrs and nosebumps. I have added you to my follow list and ask mum to see if she can budget a donation.
Hi! Welcome to the cat blogosphere! That is great work that you are doing for the ferals. It is also a ton of work! We'll add you to our blog.
HAPPY WORLD CATS DAY SPECIALY BECAUSE THE DUDES DESERVED!!!!!
O, Poor Chance. You are so good to help these poor kitties. I hopes you can catch Chance. We's donate a little sumfing to help out.
Love & Purrs,
KC
Post a Comment