Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

5/2/15

Panther and I Need Prayers

I just found out from the vet on Thursday that our dear rescued Panther has diabetes. She had been losing weight for 2 months. I'm so glad I took her to get checked out. A blood test revealed her disease.

I felt allot of anxiety since I have never given shots to any cat before. I'm doing just fine with that so far. And I'm grateful that Panther lets me give her the shots. She is truly a dear.

Say a prayer for her to adjust well to the insulin.

Debby in Arizona

13 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Purrring away for Panther over here in Oklahoma!
>>Smooches<<

The Chair Speaks said...

Sending lots of purrs to Panther and hugs to your human. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots and lots of healing purrs to Panther...and to you too. Paws crossed she stabilizes quickly.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Purrs and prayers to dear Panther from all of us. We know what it is like to deal with diabetes but we have no doubt you can handle it.

Mickey's Musings said...

We have had diabetic cats before and they did quite well.
WE bet and purr Panther does well also.
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sending purrs for Panther.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Big purrs for Panther.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

panther....we can send purrayz a long with e blessings oh st francis two ewe...him haz plentee ta spare & heez willin ta share....

we hope yur mom getz yur insulin regulated ta de point wear ya can go on speshull diet N ya willna knead insulin later on !! ♥♥♥

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Hi Debra! Good to hear from you!

Sending Purrs for Panther that he will do well with meds..

Had a sweetie with Diabetes over ten years ago... so hard to keep him regulated.

Praying that Panther will be easy to keep regulated.

-Katie.

The Cat Guy said...

All the kitty crew purring for Panther. Health and good spirits to you kitty friend. Your mama gonna take good care of you, be nice to her even though she have to pokey you. It's for good reason.

meowmeowmans said...

You can do it, for sure, Deb! Our Moosey has diabetes, and we've all learned to do the shots, no problem. He is doing well, too. We are purring and praying for you and Panther. Hugs!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

my own cat was diagnosed when she was nine, and she passed at 16 from cancer.. I have since fostered a half dozen diabetics.

I HIGHLY recommend the website felinediabetes.com and the message boards contained within. there are a lot of people like me who have a lot of first hand experience with diabetes who can help guide you through caring for your sugar kitty if you have any questions or run into any problems.

Smokey_the cat said...

How is Panther??? I hope she's doing well! I like the looks of that book you have listed here- thanks for that! You have a nice thing going here- very, very cool!