Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

8/16/13

Grizzle Fends Better for Herself

Grizzle is a female feral. I named her "Grizzle" because when she was a kitten, she ran faster than any kitten I have ever known and she looked like a Grizzly bear.

A neighbor said I should call her Grizzabella - much better - softer and more suitable for her personality.

When she was younger, she would come eat on the porch along with all the others. Then her brother, Midnight, started to chase her off. Soon she was so used to being intimidated that she would wait until everyone else was done eating before coming in for her food. This went on for a couple of years until recently when she started to reclaim her former sense of equality, eating with all the others again.

I am proud of you Grizzabella!!!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, we like Grizzabella better too.

We're glad she's eating with the others again; our hearts always ache the most for the underdogs...or undercats, in this case.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Way to go sweet girl, just get right in there and get your share!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Glad she is eating with the others again. She is a pretty girl.

Traveling Cats said...

Aww, she's so cute. And I love the name.

The Chair Speaks said...

She's beautiful! Purrs! Is there something wrong with her mouth?

Jans Funny Farm said...

Yea for Grizzlebella! She deserves to eat with the others.

Ilse said...

This is gorgeous!

Debra Taylor said...

We think maybe something is wrong with her mouth - it's so easy for them to have gum disease - but she will not let us trap her