When I was about 13 years old (nearly 50 yrs ago) my mother took one of our cats to the vet and got a "flea/tick bath". Once home, she was hardly able to walk as if she were intoxicated. My mother never took her for that again. Thankfully, she recovered. It was more than upsetting. It made such an impression on me, that I'm not comfortable using any chemicals on pets.
Fortunately, none of the cats we care for ever had fleas/ticks. But I know many people do. So here is a link which could help many of you who are interested in non-toxic solutions to flea/tick problems.
I know it's a bit early in the year for this. But you might be thinking about getting prepared. I have never used the product she recommends. So I cannot vouch for it. But it is natural and seems quite sensible and professionally designed.
The doctor in the video claims it is safe for all puppies, kittens, dogs and cats.
The doctor in the video claims it is safe for all puppies, kittens, dogs and cats.
Blessings to all of you,
Debby in Arizona

5 comments:
Good info and I sure hope we never need it!
VERY cool! thanks for sharing the information! We don't have a flea problem here, thankfully, cause our mom doesn't like to use the treatments on us or Wriggley. This is something she can try if she ever takes Wriggley into a tick zone. Purrs,
Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie
Mommy is also very reluctant to use chemical based flea/tick repellents. Very rarely, she would find a flea on Whisky and then she'll spend a lot of time hunting it down. :)
Thanks for sharing the video and article!
Flea Bath ????
I hate it !!!
Thanks COD ! No more Flea Bath for me !!!
Great info.
Thanks a lots to sharing : )
Purrs
It's good to share information like that. Mary Anne at Feral Cat Behaviour once had to deal with four little kittens who were very badly affected when children, not knowing any better, doused them with Hartz Flea Powder. I think some of them died from it.
Post a Comment