Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

4/6/12

Tippy is Gone



Tippy is the black cat in the photo. She and the other one, Bootsy, were inseparable. Neighbors would tell me that they saw she and Bootsy playing.


The last day we saw her was 3/17/2012. We are sure she has gone because Bootsy seems so down - he does not know what to do with himself most of the time.


There is another cat, Grizzly, who is not paired up with anyone. We are hoping they could get together. But there does not seem to be interest there.


Originally, Bootsy was paired with Samantha. She left us about 1-13-2010. Not long after that, Tippy's partner, Tuxedo, was hit by a car. So Bootsy and Tippy teamed up.


When they just disappear, we assume they were taken by coyotes, especially since it usually happens around a snow storm. It seems that the coyotes have more trouble finding food then, so they come into human neighborhoods.


It's hard to lose another one. But I know they have so many hazards out there that it's inevitable that they will die early.


Say a prayer for our shrinking homeless cat colony that they can be happy while they are here. There are only four left outdoors now. We once were feeding over 20.

7 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I am sorry that Tippy disappeared, leaving Bootsy all alone. We have coyotes coming into town all the time, not just when it snows.

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry Tippy is gone. We'd think it would be so hard not to know for certain what happened. We hope Bootsy will be okay...Purrs to you all.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh how I hate that about poor Tippy. We are purring and praying for all of your outdoor sweeties.

Cat Mom said...

It can be very heartbreaking caring for ferals, especially when one disappears. You always wait, watch, and hope they will suddenly appear again but most times it doesn't happen.

I care for a colony of 6 TNR ferals. Our seventh one disappeared right around Thanksgiving last year. I watched for days to see if he would show up but he never did. It's hard not knowing what happened to him or why he so suddenly disappeared when he wasn't a roamer to begin with.

Keith Andrea said...

.,ohhhhh...this is surely a heart touching story...sorry to hear about the lose of Tippy.,hope that Bootsy is just fine..

Dog Fence for Any size yard.
Pet Solutions

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

This is so sad. I haven't been posting a lot so I am really behind on leaving comments.

I hope Bootsy will cheer up. It's hard when a pair are split.

Hugs
Iris

Katie Isabella said...

Poor precious babies. Leaky eyes for these helpless babies.