Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

12/7/10

Winter Health Problems



This is our outdoor cat run. The three mousecateers and our Tabby use this year-round. But they don't stay out as long in the cold weather.

I thought some of you might like to read about some problems cats have in the winter. Maybe some of you would like to comment with your experiences with any health problems your animals have had in the winter.

Here are a few interesting reads - click on these links -

SKIN PROBLEMS

JOINT STIFFNESS IN DOGS AND CATS

I'm sure all of you are having a great time together - pets and humans. Stay well!

Debby Taylor

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Winter is hard on pet. Living outdoors is harder. It's great when folks fix "homes" for the outdoor kitties to sleep in so they don't die.

Deborah said...

I just read your story at PBU. Your so nice and caring. I'm going to look forward to following.

Kea said...

I read the story on PBU too. Bless you for caring!

I finally happened to see one of my neighbour's roommates yesterday, asked if she would take their cat inside because he's been mostly out since March (afraid of the dog). I've been feeding him, made him a shelter last weekend (it's COLD now here in Ontario). At least he was inside last night, for a change.

Also feeding a feral...he won't let me get too close, but as he's starving, his hunger overrides almost everything else, so he'll let me get a few feet from him to put food out. His stomach seems to have unlimited capacity. I've been putting food out since last March and my guess is that he was abandoned some time ago and now is semi-feral. ::Sigh::

Thank you again for caring....The world needs more people like you!

meowmeowmans said...

We loved your Talkie Tuesday interview! Thank you for all you do. :)

Yes, winter is very tough on the ferals. My friends who manage colonies here have been working overtime to make enclosures and put out extra food.

Amy & the house of cats said...

We are lucky because our cats stay in all winter, but even doing that I notice that Kirzon seems to get more dandruf in winter, probably from the lower humidity. I always feel so bad for all the animals that are outside in winter, but I feel especially bad for feral cats and dogs that really should have good homes that bring them in when it is cold.

Oskar said...

That looks like a great place for kitties to run. Thanks for taking care of those kitties.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar