

And now a little about Tabatha alias Tabby-Tab. Of course, as you have imagined, she is the tabby cat in two of the photos above. She is in repose in these photos. But she can be quite active at her ripe young age of nearly 5 years.
I haven't been able to get photos of her play activities yet. But I hope to one day. She is one of two which live in the main part of our house. She is the first one we adopted from the abandoned and feral colony we care for (we spay/neutered about 34 in two years here).
I haven't been able to get photos of her play activities yet. But I hope to one day. She is one of two which live in the main part of our house. She is the first one we adopted from the abandoned and feral colony we care for (we spay/neutered about 34 in two years here).
She loves to grab the edge of a blanket and shuffle her back feet. We call this "doing the blankie shuffle". She really gets into it as play. And she will look to my husband and I as if she were looking for our approval. Her eyes get really soft and loving or wild and crazy, depending on her mood. And she loves to play 'bat the ball'. She does the back-feet shuffle on a soft ball. Then with her front foot she bats the ball to one of us. This goes back and forth for awhile. She gives the impression she is some kind of kitty sport athlete, for sure.
One of our foster kitties, Panther, seems a bit older than Tabatha. Panther's black hair is graying in many places. And normally she sleeps a bit more than the younger ones throughout the day. But Panther still loves to chase the ball. Panther is the only one among our crew who will play with a toy without any human interaction. I have watched her through a glass door as she does this. The others all stop playing once I leave the room.
Thanks for reading this post - please comment - more than once if you like. Check out my past posts where I have shared allot of my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog. http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
I don't always post frequently due to a heavy work schedule. However, please sign up as a follower of my blog since I love getting diverse viewpoints as comments.
I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
Debby Taylor
DTConsult@cableone.net
4 comments:
Tabatha and Panther are both so beautiful! Tabatha looks like she could be my sister!
Both Panther and Tabatha look relaxed and contented in your home.
Hi Debbie!
It's funny, I love the older cats and it take forever for me to warm up to the kittens! How many are you fostering in your home?
I'm Getting my flyers together to have a massive hand out in the mall's parking lots here soon! Gotta keep them moving, March is coming up which means more rescues!
Let us know about an update on Blanca, I've passed her around and my friends have passed her around, Hoping she finds a good home here soon! Keep up the good work!
Tabatha and Panther are good looking kitties! We love that Tabatha loves to play, and we have to say that Panther has the most adorable face ever. :)
Post a Comment