Our homeless cats seem to be doing well now. As always, they seem so grateful to get food that they are never fussy about what I give them unlike my indoor cats.
Above are Bootsy and Tippy. They are inseparable pals. Bootsy has never liked being a loner like some of the others. His first lady friend, Samantha, disappeared January of this year and has never returned. I imagine she was taken by a coyote since that's the time of year they come into our development the most.
We have one named Liddy who looks a bit worn out. I get this impression from the state of her fur and the look in her eyes. But she keeps coming every day now, eating heartily. And I saw her fight off another cat who was bothering her. So she must not be faring as badly as it looks. I don't have a current photo of her right now. My husband is the photographer of the family. He intends to get one of her soon.
Our indoor feline friends are doing well. Two of the five, Scrufty and Panther (photos below) seem healthier than ever. We started off calling them our foster cats - just visiting. But we have grown quite fond of them. I imagine they have a forever home with us now. We're not putting any effort into finding them homes. They are so happy with us!
Thanks for reading this post - please comment. Check out my past posts where I have shared allot of my experiences and what I have learned from managing this homeless colony. Please let your friends know about my blog. http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
I don't always post frequently due to a heavy work schedule. However, please sign up as a follower of my blog since I love getting diverse viewpoints as comments.
I would be extremely grateful if you feel inclined to donate to the management of this feral/abandoned colony, using the PayPal button on the sidebar.
Debby
DTConsult@cableone.net
![]() |
| SCRUFTY |
![]() |
| PANTHER |



12 comments:
You have so many nice looking cats. Even so, it must be hard to lose even one of them, such as Samantha.
Bootsy and Tipsy are cute ones and the sure look nice and healthy. Thanks for all the things you do to help them out!
You are a blessing to the cats that you care for. I wonder if we will ever see less feral cats and dogs. As long as people don't spay and neuter, as long as people don't value a cats or dogs life I can't see it changing. Thank goodness for people like you.
Thank you so much for all you do for these kitties! Bootsy and Tipsy look really healthy and beautiful (so do Scrufty and Panther!).
Thank you for sharing your blog with us Debby :). And thank you for what you do for these lovely furry friends. Bootsy and Tipsy are adorable.
WE are so glad that the kitties all seem to be doing well - the indoor and outdoor. And yes, the ones who have it a bit easier do tend to be a lot fussier, don't they!
We're glad the kitties are doing so well! Bootsy and Tippy look happy and healthy and Scrufty and Panther are adorable too!
As for your comment on my blog about the cremains jewelry, I just saw an article somewhere about a lady here in Oregon that does that and it intrigued me. I learned how to fuse glass earlier this year but don't have the equipment myself but it might be something I start looking into. Thanks for your comment!
Glad they have adjusted to being inside. Our ferals love being indoors once they get used to it but I don't think they would bond so well with someone new - they would always need extra attention.
Glad to know the kitties are doing well! We're sending you many purrs!
Bootsy and Tippy look like they have a real friendship going on. That's a great picture too. Thank you for caring for the colony Debby, I know it's hard work sometimes and you must worry yourself sick about the coyotes. The colony is a credit to you!
WW
It is excellent idea
It is remarkable, the helpful information
Post a Comment