Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

12/24/15

FIV Smokey Is Doing Well

That's me below photo-bombing Smokey's selfie :)

Smokey is our rescued FIV positive kitty. (feline HIV)
We thought he might have been getting a respiratory infection recently. We gave him a little bit of vitamin C, more plain cooked meat for awhile, and lots and lots of extra love. It looks like the sneezing has passed. Yippee!!

He is such a sweetheart. Since he loves to play, I call him my kitten man. (The vet says he's roughly 2 years old - he is bigger and stronger than our other cats)

Debby in Arizona

9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is a great photo of you two and we're sure glad Smokey is on the mend and doing well. Merry Christmas Eve!

meowmeowmans said...

So glad to hear Smokey is doing well! Merry Christmas Eve to you all, and thank you for all you do for the kitties. :)

Ellen in Oregon said...

It great news to hear that Smokey is feeling better. That is a great photo of you & Smokey. He is really a large cat. Wonder if he has some Maine Coon cat in his DNA? Whatever his genes are, he is a beautiful mancat. You must be happy he is such a love bug. Merry Christmas & you and all the cats who are lucky to have you to care for them.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is very good news that Smokey is doing well. It is a lovely photo of both of you.
Merry Christmas.

Clooney said...

Glad Smokey is feeling better. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! May 2016 bring you love, joy, health, peace and possibility!

John Bellen said...

Health can be dodgy for these poor FIV cats. I'm glad Smokey has such good people to look after him. Improved health is a great Christmas present! Merry Christmas!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

thank goodness he is doing better. Our Kitty lived to be 19 with FIV because of all the love and tummy rubs she received. Also she had steroid shots once in a while and her teeth removed.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Meowry Mew Year Dear Debby! Purrz fur all you do to loves the kitties.

Katie Kat.

Hannah and Lucy said...

I had a cat once who lived to be 23 years old! When I adopted Hannah and Lucy I was exhausted as they were always running about and I so was forever looking for them!
I hope we're not too late to wish you a Happy New Year 2016. Take care.
Sue Farr