Tiger Lilly was formerly feral before 3 dogs attacked her and we nursed her back to wellness. Can any of you figure why she would have taught herself this trick? The video is only 1/2 minute even though she kept up the behavior longer.
Blessings to all of you!
Debby in Arizona
10 comments:
That is so sweet! Eric used to like drinking from the bath tap and would get the water on his paw to drink it, but he didn't drink from a bowl like that.
My late Brother Ivan used to do that every evening after dinner. He was a Maine Coon ad we've seen pics of other Maine Coons doing that. Maybe she has a little MC in her family tree.
Oh, this is so cute! Our late Cookie did this too. Purrs and headbutts from all of us!
Hi Debby..I came over from Glogirly to check out your kitties...I have a big tuxedo cat named Mr Chang that does this..No clue why...he started when he was little..How horrible that Tiger Lily was attacked by dogs..and how blessed she was to have you to take care of her.. I'm sure she was traumatized by such a terrible act...I can see that you are absolutely in love with cats as I am..I have two that were strays and I will take care of any kitty that shows up at my home..Take care and thank you for all that you do for cats...Hugs for your kitties, Nancy
I've seen cats do that. I can't think that it is an efficient way of obtaining water. Perhaps with feral cats, it allows them to stay alert while drinking, and not hide their sight by looking downward to the water-source.
Hmm..for some reason, I can't see the video on my PC or iPad.
But sounds like Tiger Lilly has learned a cute trick :-)
That's a very interesting way to drink water. Maybe using the paw gives it extra flavor?? ;)
my cat Granny does the same thing!
Yes my previous cat used to do that too! Just wanted a drop of water I guess :-)
Hi
My grandmothers Siamese would do that .. my grandmother said she ( the cat) was always checking to see if someone was trying to poison her .... she was very fussy with food too. It is just a sweet little characteristic, imo.
I have 2 cats.
One I adopted last year because I was lonely and it was no time to get a dog and I have always had a cat.
She is my little warrior, Minette .. found in the snow, under a bridge , next to a dead adult cat. ( her mama maybe)
She is fine, getting big, bossy and she is quite beautiful. She is a Russian Blue !
A couple of months ago, I adopted a big boy that was listed in the Animal shelter website .. he is 11 years old and I could not stand the thought of him eventually dying in a shelter cage .. so I brought him home with me. He is one huge love bug.
I adore him.
I adore that you can hear his purr start up when I walk towards him.
He is my sweetheart , but don't tell Minette !
Post a Comment