Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

2/17/15

Heartsick for 3 days

I have been heartsick for the last three days.

Driving a local highway in my town, my husband and I watched a beige Chihuahua trotting back and forth across the road. Clearly, it was lost and disoriented. It did not have a collar. Most cars stopped. Then a dark colored SUV slowed, but would not stop. We watched in horror as that person hit the sweet little thing. All of this happened in less than 30 seconds.  If I could have gotten to it before it was hit, I would have taken it to the Humane Society and put him/her on Craigslist. It was not crushed and the heart was still beating, so I picked it up with a blanket and we rushed it to a pet emergency clinic.  I was so distraught that I never thought to check to see if it was male or female. He/she was dead before we got there. 

My intention with not leaving it on the side of the road was to do all I could to prevent prolonged suffering as it was likely to die, though I knew not how long it would take. Also, I wanted to give the sweet little thing the love of being in a soft blanket as I held him/her.

The emergency facility checked for a microchip, but found there was none.  I paid to have community cremation (in with other animals) - had to use my bill money - I did not feel it was right to leave the dog to die on the side of the road. 

Please pray for me to be relieved of the raw sadness I cannot seem to fully release. I have been crying allot. I have been working hard to put myself back together after feeling shattered by this.
Debby in Arizona

I need help - the fee for cremation was $118.00  

If you feel inclined to donate, I have a PayPal button that says "Donate" to the right of this post.
Thank you so much if you can help me with even a small donation. I would scan and email the bill if anyone wants proof.

Nobody has responded to my local Craigslist posts which I made the day this happened so I could give the person closure. I did not include the photo on Craigslist. (the blunt force injury on the dog's neck must have been what killed him) .But I wanted to share it with you so some of you might want to pray for the owner to find my post.





9 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we R troolee sorree de little guy went thru thiz....we hope hiz journee to RB was swift and as pain free az possible....

guys...we noe yur mom tried her best and God's blessings to her for it, may HE grant her peace in her heart knowin she did everything she could, may the memory oh de incident
be erased....we noe how hard it wuz ta witness ♥♥♥♥♥

Everycat said...

Deb, We are so sorry that you are going through this, it was a wonderfully kind thing you did to help that little soul, you did the right thing. The fallout from this effort is trauma for you. Please take good care of yourself, no blaming, no "if only" you did the best you could, the best that could be done for the poor little Chi right then. We send you love, purr and hugs and thank you for your true humaneness towards all animals.

RIP sweet little Chi, run free sweetheart

Mungo, Jet and Jane xx

Denise from Sacramento said...

You did a wonderful thing for that poor dog.

Vanessa Morgan said...

Poor little darling. I had tears in my eyes reading your post. You are such a good person trying to try and save that dog.

Hannah and Lucy said...

I've only just seen this and we are so sorry both for you, the dog's owner and of course the little dog. It was so callous of the driver not to have stopped and see if the dog had a disc with a name or phone number on so at least the dog's owners could have found him quickly.
Take care
Love, Hannah x, Lucy x and Mum Sue

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

those of us who wear our hearts on our sleeves tend to get them bruised and damaged.. and that is a beautiful thing. It is often hard to see the beauty of it when we are being swallowed up in grief, but how many people drove past that dog and didn't give it a though... You gave him a piece of your heart to take with him..

John Bellen said...

I wish I could help with the funds. I am all out myself. What a terrible thing to witness. Even though it was horrible for you, you were able to hold that little fellow to give him love one last time. Godspeed, little dog.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is just so horribly sad and unfortunately my Dad has been in almost the same situation before. You are so kind and we will help.

Unknown said...

wow, you are doing it in a great way. simply love it Lost and found