I found out from a neighbor one street away that a man with mental/emotional problems was taken from his home by Adult Protective Services. He must have been a hoarder. For whatever reason, he did not make arrangements for his many many cats to be relocated. Maybe he did not have time or the mental capacity to get the job done. He let out some of them and others were trapped in his garage, later rescued by neighbors and workmen. I still have no idea how many he had before he left.
So now we have 4 eating here - so elusive that my husband only has been able to photograph one of them. (in the link to the prior post below). At the time, I did not notice the differences. Actually, we have 3 totally black long-haired ones. The one that I thought was Surprise is really Hector since the amount of fur they have around their faces is different.
CLICK 4 PHOTO IN PRIOR POST
We did get one neutered. He was too feral for us to consider domesticating. So we had to release him outside again.
Suddenly a second one showed up with a tipped ear. So we only have 2 more to spay/neuter. Others are being trapped and fed by neighbors.
I just wish there would be a way to educate more citizens everywhere about spay/neuter, especially since you can get it done through a local rescue agency here for no fee if you are financially challenged.
11/30/14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so sad for those sweeties, but at least they are getting some help.
Poor cats, it's heart-breaking. We're glad at least four of them have found you; we know they'll be cared for as best as possible. Thank you for neutering the one, and good luck with the other two. Blessings to you and your neighbours for this.
Purrs and peace.
Post a Comment