Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

4/12/14

Soothing the Savage Tiger Beastie

I like being in the sun to meditate. Sometimes, I like to sit in the chair next to Tiger in the window as you see her in this photo. I put my right arm on the edge of the ledge and she pushes up next to my arm. Usually, as soon as she is pressing her body into my arm, she won't stop wiggling around - who knows why. 

Today I tried something new. I said to her over and over again very slowly as she was wiggling, "Tiger, be at peace. Be at peace. Be at peace." I could hardly believe it as she calmed down immediately. I said it slowly over and over again. As I stopped the directive, she remained perfectly still as long as I was there. So I was able to meditate in peace, in the sun, next to my beloved Tiger Lilly.

I would never have imagined she would be that suggestible, even if it was unconsciously on her part. We all know that with cats it's almost always on their terms!

5 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Tiger is a beautiful girl. I suspect she was responding to your calm, soothing voice. She understood that it was time to relax and not play.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That had to be totally enjoyable for both of you!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It is amazing how they will respond

Marilia said...

Amazing place!
We love it!

John Bellen said...

The soothing calm of your voice, a friend's voice...