Cat Blogosphere

Cat Blogosphere
Meet other cat lovers

Please Help the Homeless

NATURAL SUPPLIES FOR PETS

11/7/11

Winter in Arizona for Homeless Ones

Our homeless ones had to wade through snow to get to their food this morning. And this is the time when coyotes who are having trouble finding food come into neighborhoods here in Northern Arizona. So please pray for our kitties here that they stay safe.



It is unseasonably cold for this time of year here - but not as cold at night as it's been in the past. It's 10 to 20 degrees warmer than the coldest I've seen it since I'm here.



It's totally amazing how our homeless / abandoned cats tolerate the cold. I have cat condos lined with rug on my back porch. But I think they usually prefer sleeping under manufactured homes because of the heat which probably radiates from homes to the crawlspace underneath.



Hope all of your kitties are safe and warm!

Debby in Arizona


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good heavens! We didn't even think you'd get snow in Arizona--goes to show what we know! We guess you are at a high elevation?

Of course we're sending your homeless family purrs, hoping they do stay safe and warm. At least they have a wonderful to take good care of them!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

We really hope all your homeless cats will stay warm and safe through the winter.

meowmeowmans said...

Criminy! You have that much snow already?! We are purring and praying for all of the outdoor cats there. Thank you so much for taking such good care of them, Deb.

T said...

Oh I am sending good thoughts and well wishes for all the homeless strays and ferals this winter.

Thank you for caring for these beautiful souls.

Fur Everywhere said...

Hi Debby!

I will definitely keep the kitties in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad the babies have a place to sleep on your porch to get out of the cold if they chose to. Keep up the amazing work :)