
Sometimes I wonder where our feral homeless cats go during the day. I should follow Bootsy sometime after he is done eating in the morning to see if that gives me a clue. Now that it's getting hot during the day, I hope they find a nice shady spot. One neighbor behind me says he sees Bootsy and another cat (probably Tippy, as they seem to be a pair now) go under his mobile home. I asked him more questions and found out he will not be boarding up the place where they enter - so thankful he likes cats. Bootsy does not have to cross any roads to get from this man's home to my home - probably why he has lasted through so many coyote-filled winters - and why he has not been run over like so many others. He just turned four years old.
I am also amazed at how he can keep coming back to being so clean-looking. It's probably partly because he has short fur. The feral ones who look so raggety have longer fur.
I would love to learn from any readers where any stray/feral cats you know about go during the day.
Thanks for commenting.
Thanks for commenting.
Have a blessed day!
Debby in Arizona
10 comments:
I sure am glad that Bootsy doesn't have to cross any roads, those things are scary!
We would love to know that too. The only reason we learned they were using the shelter is we started find the straw near the openings. We have one beautiful calico girl that likes the sewer drains - she must have a shelf in there cause at least 2 people have seen her climb in and out.
We have no idea where "Toby" goes. He comes for breakfast around 4AM or 4:30-ish, sometimes for supper later in the evening. Prefers canned to the dry. Mind you, he's not a true feral, we think he was abandoned. At least he's neutered now -- the mom did that a month ago.
But he finds shelter somewhere, because his ears aren't frost-bitten (so far), and of course our winters are pretty severe here in Ontario.
Bootsy looks well fed and cared for.
It is sad that my neighbourhood cats who have owners don't look as good as Bootsy.
We are glad that Bootsy goes somewhere close by, and that it's safe from the elements.
It is good that Bootsy has someplace nearby to hang out in the summer - that is much safer. We don't really see feral cats in our area - maybe the people in our subdivison keep their cats in, or they just don't like our area.
Maybe you can put a collar camera on one of them! that would be a fun way to share their adventures!
Hi enjoying your blog and also following a lead.
It was recommended I ask you the following question.
My brothers cat (Lucky is his name and he was feral) has feline Leukemia and we are looking for anyone with experience hoilistically treating the disease.
A feral cat I tamed many years ago used to hide under the neighbours house and stalk possums at night in the trees.
What a great blog! I was curious and had to meet the other "Debra Taylor" on the blogs. :)
Come and visit my blog. May I put yours on my blog roll?
Debra Taylor - aka Deb aka Auntie Deb
My cat is an indoor cat; otherwise I think I would follow him around too to see where he's hanging out ;-)
Post a Comment